Man, 27, charged with enticing teens online for sex
ROY — Criminal charges were filed Wednesday against a 27-year-old man who police say was posing as a 17-year-old boy online to meet and have sexual relationships with young girls.
Luis Alberto Salguero was charged in 2nd District Court with unlawful sexual activity with a minor and enticing a minor, both third-degree felonies. He was arrested and booked into the Weber County Jail Tuesday.
He is currently enlisted in the U.S. Air Force and stationed in Hawaii, but has been visiting family in Magna since Feb. 12, police said. In just 10 days, Roy Police Chief Greg Whinham believes Salguero made contact with a 15-year-old girl in Roy, a 13-year-old girl in Riverdale and a 16-year-old girl in Salt Lake City. This was in addition to an investigation in Hawaii, he said.
The charges filed Wednesday were for the case involving the Roy teen. Salguero met his victim online and then in a parking lot where they had illegal sex, the charges state.
Whinham said it was his understanding the other cases are still being investigated. Salt Lake police on Wednesday declined comment and would not say if Salguero was part of any ongoing investigation.
The Roy police chief said Salguero tried to attract young girls by posing as a mature looking 17-year-old named Jon Anders on the website meetup.com.
"He's not big in statute, he looks young. He can do a few things to look younger," Whinham said.
Investigators are trying to determine whether there are any other victims. "I always believe there are more. I never believe we find them with the first encounter," Whinham said.
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Smithfield man stabbed father to death after...
- Families need to know of dying decision to...
- Chaffetz attorney calls FEC complaint claims...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Brewvies wants judge to stop DABC from...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 51
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 50
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 49
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 26
- Report: Spending on charter students... 21