Man, 27, charged with enticing teens online for sex
ROY — Criminal charges were filed Wednesday against a 27-year-old man who police say was posing as a 17-year-old boy online to meet and have sexual relationships with young girls.
Luis Alberto Salguero was charged in 2nd District Court with unlawful sexual activity with a minor and enticing a minor, both third-degree felonies. He was arrested and booked into the Weber County Jail Tuesday.
He is currently enlisted in the U.S. Air Force and stationed in Hawaii, but has been visiting family in Magna since Feb. 12, police said. In just 10 days, Roy Police Chief Greg Whinham believes Salguero made contact with a 15-year-old girl in Roy, a 13-year-old girl in Riverdale and a 16-year-old girl in Salt Lake City. This was in addition to an investigation in Hawaii, he said.
The charges filed Wednesday were for the case involving the Roy teen. Salguero met his victim online and then in a parking lot where they had illegal sex, the charges state.
Whinham said it was his understanding the other cases are still being investigated. Salt Lake police on Wednesday declined comment and would not say if Salguero was part of any ongoing investigation.
The Roy police chief said Salguero tried to attract young girls by posing as a mature looking 17-year-old named Jon Anders on the website meetup.com.
"He's not big in statute, he looks young. He can do a few things to look younger," Whinham said.
Investigators are trying to determine whether there are any other victims. "I always believe there are more. I never believe we find them with the first encounter," Whinham said.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- BYU Museum of Art acquires previously lost...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Salt Lake Olympic scandal 'set a precedent'...
- Security, authorities detain woman...
- Police: More than 100 Sanpete County homes...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 41
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 17
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 17
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 16
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 14