Brigham City — A man who police say robbed a bank, carjacked a vehicle and then crashed while trying to get away has been booked into the Box Elder County Jail.
Brad Beasley 29, of Ogden, was arrested for investigation of aggravated robbery, aggravated carjacking, evading police, resisting arrest and attempting to disarm a police officer.
Police say Beasley entered Chase Bank, 101 S. Main, on Tuesday wearing a mask and gloves, and took an undisclosed amount of cash. After running out of the bank, he carjacked a vehicle near 200 South and 100 East.
Responding officers spotted the fleeing vehicle about a block later. The driver crashed into a concrete barricade near 500 South and 400 East trying to escape. But rather than surrender, he fought with officers, spitting on one and biting another, according to investigators.
Utah state court records show Beasley pleaded guilty to a felony drug-related charge in 2010, disorderly conduct in 2011 and misdemeanor shoplifting in November.
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Former Attorney General John Swallow left...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Christmas giving project makes former patient...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 97
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 30
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 24
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18