Police arrest man following Brigham City bank robbery
Brigham City — A man who police say robbed a bank, carjacked a vehicle and then crashed while trying to get away has been booked into the Box Elder County Jail.
Brad Beasley 29, of Ogden, was arrested for investigation of aggravated robbery, aggravated carjacking, evading police, resisting arrest and attempting to disarm a police officer.
Police say Beasley entered Chase Bank, 101 S. Main, on Tuesday wearing a mask and gloves, and took an undisclosed amount of cash. After running out of the bank, he carjacked a vehicle near 200 South and 100 East.
Responding officers spotted the fleeing vehicle about a block later. The driver crashed into a concrete barricade near 500 South and 400 East trying to escape. But rather than surrender, he fought with officers, spitting on one and biting another, according to investigators.
Utah state court records show Beasley pleaded guilty to a felony drug-related charge in 2010, disorderly conduct in 2011 and misdemeanor shoplifting in November.
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- Redefining college: How associate degrees...
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- Q and A: The business of being Moab
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Motorcyclist dies after collision near Utah Lake
- Job A Day program gives homeless people...
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 27
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 23
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Utah Rep. Mia Love raises $440K in... 17
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Drug Enforcement... 15