Police arrest man following Brigham City bank robbery
Brigham City — A man who police say robbed a bank, carjacked a vehicle and then crashed while trying to get away has been booked into the Box Elder County Jail.
Brad Beasley 29, of Ogden, was arrested for investigation of aggravated robbery, aggravated carjacking, evading police, resisting arrest and attempting to disarm a police officer.
Police say Beasley entered Chase Bank, 101 S. Main, on Tuesday wearing a mask and gloves, and took an undisclosed amount of cash. After running out of the bank, he carjacked a vehicle near 200 South and 100 East.
Responding officers spotted the fleeing vehicle about a block later. The driver crashed into a concrete barricade near 500 South and 400 East trying to escape. But rather than surrender, he fought with officers, spitting on one and biting another, according to investigators.
Utah state court records show Beasley pleaded guilty to a felony drug-related charge in 2010, disorderly conduct in 2011 and misdemeanor shoplifting in November.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- Audit: Ex-employee embezzled $67K from Utah...
- Alpine Days set for Aug. 5-13
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 31
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 15
- Can police-community relations be... 14