Police arrest man following Brigham City bank robbery
Brigham City — A man who police say robbed a bank, carjacked a vehicle and then crashed while trying to get away has been booked into the Box Elder County Jail.
Brad Beasley 29, of Ogden, was arrested for investigation of aggravated robbery, aggravated carjacking, evading police, resisting arrest and attempting to disarm a police officer.
Police say Beasley entered Chase Bank, 101 S. Main, on Tuesday wearing a mask and gloves, and took an undisclosed amount of cash. After running out of the bank, he carjacked a vehicle near 200 South and 100 East.
Responding officers spotted the fleeing vehicle about a block later. The driver crashed into a concrete barricade near 500 South and 400 East trying to escape. But rather than surrender, he fought with officers, spitting on one and biting another, according to investigators.
Utah state court records show Beasley pleaded guilty to a felony drug-related charge in 2010, disorderly conduct in 2011 and misdemeanor shoplifting in November.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Rally in support of police also draws... 27
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 19
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9