Police arrest man following Brigham City bank robbery
Brigham City — A man who police say robbed a bank, carjacked a vehicle and then crashed while trying to get away has been booked into the Box Elder County Jail.
Brad Beasley 29, of Ogden, was arrested for investigation of aggravated robbery, aggravated carjacking, evading police, resisting arrest and attempting to disarm a police officer.
Police say Beasley entered Chase Bank, 101 S. Main, on Tuesday wearing a mask and gloves, and took an undisclosed amount of cash. After running out of the bank, he carjacked a vehicle near 200 South and 100 East.
Responding officers spotted the fleeing vehicle about a block later. The driver crashed into a concrete barricade near 500 South and 400 East trying to escape. But rather than surrender, he fought with officers, spitting on one and biting another, according to investigators.
Utah state court records show Beasley pleaded guilty to a felony drug-related charge in 2010, disorderly conduct in 2011 and misdemeanor shoplifting in November.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18