Police arrest man following Brigham City bank robbery
Brigham City — A man who police say robbed a bank, carjacked a vehicle and then crashed while trying to get away has been booked into the Box Elder County Jail.
Brad Beasley 29, of Ogden, was arrested for investigation of aggravated robbery, aggravated carjacking, evading police, resisting arrest and attempting to disarm a police officer.
Police say Beasley entered Chase Bank, 101 S. Main, on Tuesday wearing a mask and gloves, and took an undisclosed amount of cash. After running out of the bank, he carjacked a vehicle near 200 South and 100 East.
Responding officers spotted the fleeing vehicle about a block later. The driver crashed into a concrete barricade near 500 South and 400 East trying to escape. But rather than surrender, he fought with officers, spitting on one and biting another, according to investigators.
Utah state court records show Beasley pleaded guilty to a felony drug-related charge in 2010, disorderly conduct in 2011 and misdemeanor shoplifting in November.
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- Women called heroes for reviving high school...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Heber boy in custody battle found in Tulsa...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 50
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 49
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 48
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 25