BYU tennis: No. 30 BYU men's tennis travels to Texas for weekend tournament
PROVO, Utah — After earning three points toward the Deseret First Duel with a recent 5-2 win over Utah, the No. 30 BYU men's tennis team will compete in the 47th Annual HEB Tournament of Champions in Corpus Christi, Texas, on Friday and Saturday.
The HEB Invitational is an eight-team tournament. Other teams that will participate are Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, No. 34 Middle Tennessee State, Louisiana-Lafayette, South Alabama, DePaul, Western Michigan and the University of Texas at San Antonio.
The Cougars (9-2) jumped 15 spots in the national ranking this week from No. 45 to No. 30.
In the month of February, sophomore Francis Sargeant earned a 5-1 record in singles play, with his only loss coming at No. 18 Stanford. Freshman Andrey Goryachkov also only recorded one loss in the month.
The tournament can be followed on Texas A&M-Corpus Christi's website.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 26
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 15
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected... 14