BYU tennis: No. 30 BYU men's tennis travels to Texas for weekend tournament
PROVO, Utah — After earning three points toward the Deseret First Duel with a recent 5-2 win over Utah, the No. 30 BYU men's tennis team will compete in the 47th Annual HEB Tournament of Champions in Corpus Christi, Texas, on Friday and Saturday.
The HEB Invitational is an eight-team tournament. Other teams that will participate are Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, No. 34 Middle Tennessee State, Louisiana-Lafayette, South Alabama, DePaul, Western Michigan and the University of Texas at San Antonio.
The Cougars (9-2) jumped 15 spots in the national ranking this week from No. 45 to No. 30.
In the month of February, sophomore Francis Sargeant earned a 5-1 record in singles play, with his only loss coming at No. 18 Stanford. Freshman Andrey Goryachkov also only recorded one loss in the month.
The tournament can be followed on Texas A&M-Corpus Christi's website.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Utes drop out of national rankings following...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Local flavor in the NBA: Lillard continues to...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 143
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 38
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 37
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 36
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 31
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 23
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21