CANYON RIM — A driver was in critical condition after his vehicle plummeted 200 feet down an embankment near Suicide Rock.
The driver of a pickup truck was on Foothill Boulevard near the I-80/I-215 interchange when he drifted off the road for an unknown reason about 11 p.m. Tuesday, said Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Danny Allen.
"It just looks like he might have fallen asleep," he said.
A passer-by spotted the wrecked and called 911. The driver, whose name and age were not immediately available, suffered critical injuries but he was wearing a seat belt.
"The seat belt did keep him from being ejected from from the truck," Allen said.
There was no evidence of impairment, he said.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8