CANYON RIM — A driver was in critical condition after his vehicle plummeted 200 feet down an embankment near Suicide Rock.
The driver of a pickup truck was on Foothill Boulevard near the I-80/I-215 interchange when he drifted off the road for an unknown reason about 11 p.m. Tuesday, said Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Danny Allen.
"It just looks like he might have fallen asleep," he said.
A passer-by spotted the wrecked and called 911. The driver, whose name and age were not immediately available, suffered critical injuries but he was wearing a seat belt.
"The seat belt did keep him from being ejected from from the truck," Allen said.
There was no evidence of impairment, he said.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22