CANYON RIM — A driver was in critical condition after his vehicle plummeted 200 feet down an embankment near Suicide Rock.
The driver of a pickup truck was on Foothill Boulevard near the I-80/I-215 interchange when he drifted off the road for an unknown reason about 11 p.m. Tuesday, said Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Danny Allen.
"It just looks like he might have fallen asleep," he said.
A passer-by spotted the wrecked and called 911. The driver, whose name and age were not immediately available, suffered critical injuries but he was wearing a seat belt.
"The seat belt did keep him from being ejected from from the truck," Allen said.
There was no evidence of impairment, he said.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 69
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 51
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 27
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 13