CANYON RIM — A driver was in critical condition after his vehicle plummeted 200 feet down an embankment near Suicide Rock.
The driver of a pickup truck was on Foothill Boulevard near the I-80/I-215 interchange when he drifted off the road for an unknown reason about 11 p.m. Tuesday, said Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Danny Allen.
"It just looks like he might have fallen asleep," he said.
A passer-by spotted the wrecked and called 911. The driver, whose name and age were not immediately available, suffered critical injuries but he was wearing a seat belt.
"The seat belt did keep him from being ejected from from the truck," Allen said.
There was no evidence of impairment, he said.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- West Nile activity discovered in four Utah...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising concerns...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Ogden police shoot dog that was allegedly...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 44
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 21
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Union Pacific train makes special... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12