CANYON RIM — A driver was in critical condition after his vehicle plummeted 200 feet down an embankment near Suicide Rock.
The driver of a pickup truck was on Foothill Boulevard near the I-80/I-215 interchange when he drifted off the road for an unknown reason about 11 p.m. Tuesday, said Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Danny Allen.
"It just looks like he might have fallen asleep," he said.
A passer-by spotted the wrecked and called 911. The driver, whose name and age were not immediately available, suffered critical injuries but he was wearing a seat belt.
"The seat belt did keep him from being ejected from from the truck," Allen said.
There was no evidence of impairment, he said.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- U. doctor thanks strangers who saved him,...
- About Utah: For 95-year-old, the secret to...
- Father of slain woman said he lived his life...
- 2 children critically injured in wrong-way...
- Ex-A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff due in...
- Car traveling 100 mph crashes into parked...
- Educators at UEA convention told to... 40
- Democrats challenge Mia Love's... 38
- Feminist speaker claims USU didn't warn... 32
- Federal government extends same-sex... 29
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Mia Love included in a new ad... 21
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 16
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15