Police say man used military leave in Utah to have unlawful sexual conduct with underage girls
ROY — Police have arrested a man they say has been using his military leave to prey on underage girls in Utah.
Luis Salguero, 27, was booked into the Weber County Jail for investigation of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor, a third-degree felony, and enticing a minor, a Class A misdemeanor. Salguero is currently enlisted in the U.S. Air Force and stationed in Hawaii, but has been visiting family in Magna since Feb. 12, police said.
Salguero had been posing as a 15 or 17 year old on an online dating site, and contacting girls using the name "Jon Anders." The photos on the profile are his own, police said.
Roy Police Chief Greg Winham said Salguero's targets were all young females, and police are investigating other possible victims in Roy, Riverdale and Salt Lake City. The investigation began with a "suspicious person" call to Riverdale police.
Salguero met a 15-year-old Roy girl for sex over the weekend, Winham said. He warned that children and teenagers may not be aware they are being targeted.
"What we find as we look at the Internet and social media as a way to meet people is predators come in all ages," Winham said. "Our advice is parents need to know the sites that their children and the friends of their children are involved with, and the content of their discussions."
Air Force representatives are also looking into the situation and are working to determine whether crimes have occurred in other areas, Winham said.
Contributing: Dave Cawley
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- U. doctor thanks strangers who saved him,...
- Police arrest 3 suspected of vandalizing LDS...
- Father of slain woman said he lived his life...
- Mormon Media scholars discuss church and...
- Photos: World record potentially set during...
- Ex-A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff due in...
- Traditional marriage supporters want... 84
- Educators at UEA convention told to... 40
- Lawmaker pledges to run bill changing... 36
- Democrats challenge Mia Love's... 36
- Feminist speaker claims USU didn't warn... 31
- Federal government extends same-sex... 26
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 22
- Mia Love included in a new ad... 21