GOODYEAR, Ariz. — Utah Valley University golfers Michael Dart and Mason Casper tied for 17th place and Corey Eccles finished in a tie for 21st in leading the Wolverines to a third-place finish at the Snowman Getaway Tuesday.
Casper was tied for 10th heading into the final day, but a final-round 75 (74-68-75) dropped him seven spots, while Dart carded a final-round 74 (70-73-74) to remain at where he started the day.
"We never got anything going," UVU men's golf coach Chris Curran said.
Overall, the Wolverines finished in third (865), five shots behind second-place Washington State - the host team - and 12 shots back of No. 26 Missouri.
"It was a good finish for our team. We were able to beat quality teams ranked higher than us. It's a great way to head into our next tournament at Bandon Dunes."
UVU's Braden Eriksen (77-72-70) birdied his final two holes of the day Tuesday to finish 2-under par for the day and tied for 25th for the tournament. Stratton Schulz tied for 39th (72-76-74).
Missouri's Jace Lone and Washington State's Michael Anderson tied for top individual honors at 209.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Ranking the best fits for the Utah Jazz in...
- Ranking the best free agents in the NBA
- Brad Rock: Hatfield, Natson incidents may...
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to be...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for...
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- Jazz in talks with German center Pleiss,...
- The U.S. women’s national soccer team...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for... 90
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 56
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake... 51
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to... 47
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul... 34
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 31
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A... 27
- Brad Rock: Hatfield, Natson incidents... 26