GOODYEAR, Ariz. — Utah Valley University golfers Michael Dart and Mason Casper tied for 17th place and Corey Eccles finished in a tie for 21st in leading the Wolverines to a third-place finish at the Snowman Getaway Tuesday.
Casper was tied for 10th heading into the final day, but a final-round 75 (74-68-75) dropped him seven spots, while Dart carded a final-round 74 (70-73-74) to remain at where he started the day.
"We never got anything going," UVU men's golf coach Chris Curran said.
Overall, the Wolverines finished in third (865), five shots behind second-place Washington State - the host team - and 12 shots back of No. 26 Missouri.
"It was a good finish for our team. We were able to beat quality teams ranked higher than us. It's a great way to head into our next tournament at Bandon Dunes."
UVU's Braden Eriksen (77-72-70) birdied his final two holes of the day Tuesday to finish 2-under par for the day and tied for 25th for the tournament. Stratton Schulz tied for 39th (72-76-74).
Missouri's Jace Lone and Washington State's Michael Anderson tied for top individual honors at 209.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 25
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 24
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14