GOODYEAR, Ariz. — Utah Valley University golfers Michael Dart and Mason Casper tied for 17th place and Corey Eccles finished in a tie for 21st in leading the Wolverines to a third-place finish at the Snowman Getaway Tuesday.
Casper was tied for 10th heading into the final day, but a final-round 75 (74-68-75) dropped him seven spots, while Dart carded a final-round 74 (70-73-74) to remain at where he started the day.
"We never got anything going," UVU men's golf coach Chris Curran said.
Overall, the Wolverines finished in third (865), five shots behind second-place Washington State - the host team - and 12 shots back of No. 26 Missouri.
"It was a good finish for our team. We were able to beat quality teams ranked higher than us. It's a great way to head into our next tournament at Bandon Dunes."
UVU's Braden Eriksen (77-72-70) birdied his final two holes of the day Tuesday to finish 2-under par for the day and tied for 25th for the tournament. Stratton Schulz tied for 39th (72-76-74).
Missouri's Jace Lone and Washington State's Michael Anderson tied for top individual honors at 209.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football winner...
- Morning links: Utes land a local commitment...
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make...
- Utah Jazz forward Gordon Hayward gets a...
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball, slow down
- A Super Bowl 1st-timer, Utah native Sealver...
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 67
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 39
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 34
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 32
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 30
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 30
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28