GOODYEAR, Ariz. — Utah Valley University golfers Michael Dart and Mason Casper tied for 17th place and Corey Eccles finished in a tie for 21st in leading the Wolverines to a third-place finish at the Snowman Getaway Tuesday.
Casper was tied for 10th heading into the final day, but a final-round 75 (74-68-75) dropped him seven spots, while Dart carded a final-round 74 (70-73-74) to remain at where he started the day.
"We never got anything going," UVU men's golf coach Chris Curran said.
Overall, the Wolverines finished in third (865), five shots behind second-place Washington State - the host team - and 12 shots back of No. 26 Missouri.
"It was a good finish for our team. We were able to beat quality teams ranked higher than us. It's a great way to head into our next tournament at Bandon Dunes."
UVU's Braden Eriksen (77-72-70) birdied his final two holes of the day Tuesday to finish 2-under par for the day and tied for 25th for the tournament. Stratton Schulz tied for 39th (72-76-74).
Missouri's Jace Lone and Washington State's Michael Anderson tied for top individual honors at 209.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26