GOODYEAR, Ariz. — Utah Valley University golfers Michael Dart and Mason Casper tied for 17th place and Corey Eccles finished in a tie for 21st in leading the Wolverines to a third-place finish at the Snowman Getaway Tuesday.
Casper was tied for 10th heading into the final day, but a final-round 75 (74-68-75) dropped him seven spots, while Dart carded a final-round 74 (70-73-74) to remain at where he started the day.
"We never got anything going," UVU men's golf coach Chris Curran said.
Overall, the Wolverines finished in third (865), five shots behind second-place Washington State - the host team - and 12 shots back of No. 26 Missouri.
"It was a good finish for our team. We were able to beat quality teams ranked higher than us. It's a great way to head into our next tournament at Bandon Dunes."
UVU's Braden Eriksen (77-72-70) birdied his final two holes of the day Tuesday to finish 2-under par for the day and tied for 25th for the tournament. Stratton Schulz tied for 39th (72-76-74).
Missouri's Jace Lone and Washington State's Michael Anderson tied for top individual honors at 209.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 commissioner frank about...
- Utah football: Pac-12 Football Media Day Central
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 225
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 93
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 76
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 46
- ACC media days has some interesting... 43
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 41
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 27
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 26