S.L. police pick up man who allegedly tried to grab teen girl
SALT LAKE CITY — Police were questioning a man Tuesday who they believe may have been involved in an attempted abduction of a teenage girl.
"We're talking to him, trying to determine what really happened," said Salt Lake Police Sgt. Shawn Josephson.
Just before 1 p.m., a 15-year-old girl was walking north on 600 West when another man walked by her, said Josephson. "He turned around and began following her," Josephson said.
As the teen began walking onto the property of Centro Civico Mexicano, 155 S. 600 West, the man grabbed her arm and said something to her.
"She pulled it free and entered the Centro Civico quickly," Josephson said. He did not know what the man told the girl.
The man followed her inside but left when she started calling for an adult. Just after 3 p.m., the man was spotted in the same area, between 100 and 200 South on 600 West, and picked up by police, Josephson said.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- What went right: How one Orem family turned...
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 33
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9