S.L. police pick up man who allegedly tried to grab teen girl
SALT LAKE CITY — Police were questioning a man Tuesday who they believe may have been involved in an attempted abduction of a teenage girl.
"We're talking to him, trying to determine what really happened," said Salt Lake Police Sgt. Shawn Josephson.
Just before 1 p.m., a 15-year-old girl was walking north on 600 West when another man walked by her, said Josephson. "He turned around and began following her," Josephson said.
As the teen began walking onto the property of Centro Civico Mexicano, 155 S. 600 West, the man grabbed her arm and said something to her.
"She pulled it free and entered the Centro Civico quickly," Josephson said. He did not know what the man told the girl.
The man followed her inside but left when she started calling for an adult. Just after 3 p.m., the man was spotted in the same area, between 100 and 200 South on 600 West, and picked up by police, Josephson said.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- 2 corrections officials resign in wake of...
- Controversial Rocky Mountain Power bill gets...
- Friends, family remember sister missionary...
- Police investigating death of man found near...
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 28
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11