S.L. police pick up man who allegedly tried to grab teen girl
SALT LAKE CITY — Police were questioning a man Tuesday who they believe may have been involved in an attempted abduction of a teenage girl.
"We're talking to him, trying to determine what really happened," said Salt Lake Police Sgt. Shawn Josephson.
Just before 1 p.m., a 15-year-old girl was walking north on 600 West when another man walked by her, said Josephson. "He turned around and began following her," Josephson said.
As the teen began walking onto the property of Centro Civico Mexicano, 155 S. 600 West, the man grabbed her arm and said something to her.
"She pulled it free and entered the Centro Civico quickly," Josephson said. He did not know what the man told the girl.
The man followed her inside but left when she started calling for an adult. Just after 3 p.m., the man was spotted in the same area, between 100 and 200 South on 600 West, and picked up by police, Josephson said.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed...
- Lawsuit claims State School Board violated...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Investigation into shooting death of Uintah...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- NTSB: Plane that crashed in Arizona killing...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 75
- Republican, Democratic political... 48
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 28
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 23
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 22
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 20