S.L. police pick up man who allegedly tried to grab teen girl
SALT LAKE CITY — Police were questioning a man Tuesday who they believe may have been involved in an attempted abduction of a teenage girl.
"We're talking to him, trying to determine what really happened," said Salt Lake Police Sgt. Shawn Josephson.
Just before 1 p.m., a 15-year-old girl was walking north on 600 West when another man walked by her, said Josephson. "He turned around and began following her," Josephson said.
As the teen began walking onto the property of Centro Civico Mexicano, 155 S. 600 West, the man grabbed her arm and said something to her.
"She pulled it free and entered the Centro Civico quickly," Josephson said. He did not know what the man told the girl.
The man followed her inside but left when she started calling for an adult. Just after 3 p.m., the man was spotted in the same area, between 100 and 200 South on 600 West, and picked up by police, Josephson said.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Parents say daughter didn't understand her...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Woman accused of leaving young son outside...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Outbreak of illness linked to Weber County...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 49
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 35
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 28
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA... 23