SALT LAKE CITY — Police were questioning a man Tuesday who they believe may have been involved in an attempted abduction of a teenage girl.
"We're talking to him, trying to determine what really happened," said Salt Lake Police Sgt. Shawn Josephson.
Just before 1 p.m., a 15-year-old girl was walking north on 600 West when another man walked by her, said Josephson. "He turned around and began following her," Josephson said.
As the teen began walking onto the property of Centro Civico Mexicano, 155 S. 600 West, the man grabbed her arm and said something to her.
"She pulled it free and entered the Centro Civico quickly," Josephson said. He did not know what the man told the girl.
The man followed her inside but left when she started calling for an adult. Just after 3 p.m., the man was spotted in the same area, between 100 and 200 South on 600 West, and picked up by police, Josephson said.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- As winter takes hold, needs increase for...
- Martin MacNeill cuts self with razor in...
- Orem man accused of killing wife threatened...
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- Swallow committee winding down as Attorney...
- December storms boost Utah's snowpack
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 110
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 27
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 23
- As winter takes hold, needs increase... 23
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 22