2 killed in separate accidents in Centerville, Ogden
CENTERVILLE — A Layton woman and an Ogden man were killed Monday in separate accidents in Centerville and Ogden.
About 8:20 p.m., traffic was moving extremely slow on northbound I-15 due to the closure farther up the road in Kaysville that was caused by a police chase and shooting.
Near Centerville, Maria Herrera, 18, was driving a Subaru when she came up on the slow traffic too fast and tried to avoid hitting another car by going into the emergency lane, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. Herrera lost control and "slid sideways for a considerable distance," and hit another car, according to the UHP, and then slammed into the back of a semitrailer.
Herera, who was not wearing a seatbelt, was ejected from her vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene.
In Ogden, Daniel Thobe, 50, was hit and killed by a vehicle while crossing the street at Wall Avenue near 26th Street about 7:45 p.m. As of Tuesday, no citations had been issued. Ogden police say there were no initial indications that impaired driving was a factor.
The fatal accident was in the same area where David Paul Saures, 56, was hit and killed in another auto-pedestrian accident on Christmas Eve.
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 39
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11
- Cheerleaders for Medicaid expansion ask... 9