Crews battle fire at West Jordan industrial business
WEST JORDAN — About 40 firefighters responded to a two-alarm fire Monday night at an industrial business.
About 7:15 p.m., the West Jordan Fire Department was called to a fire at Intermountain Sweeper Co., 6972 South Airport Road, where they found the west side of the warehouse on fire.
Firefighters successfully contained the blaze and put it out by 8:30 p.m. with the help of crews from Salt Lake, Murray, South Jordan and the Unified Fire Authority.
Nobody was hurt by the fire. West Jordan Fire Chief Marc McElreath said the fire is believed to be accidental but an investigation is ongoing.
The business had closed for the day, but the fire department was automatically notified by the facility’s sprinkler system. The entire building suffered smoke and water damage.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- Motorcyclist critically injured in Roosevelt...
- Bystanders flip SUV to rescue teen from river
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge drinking...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 129
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 42
- New definition of homeless would give... 31
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 22
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 19