GOODYEAR, Ariz. — With three players at even par or better after the first two rounds of the Snowman Getaway Monday, the Utah Valley University men's golf team is tied for third place heading into Tuesday's final round.
"All in all, it was a great day. We put ourselves into contention. I am happy with how the guys played," UVU men's golf coach Chris Curran said.
UVU's Mason Casper, who opened with a 2-over par 74, had two eagles and 16 pars in his second round to move himself into a tied for 10th place.
Michael Dart (70-73) and Corey Eccles (71-73) are also in the top 20 at tied for 12th and tied for 17th, respectively.
The Wolverines (573) are just one shot back of second-place Gonzaga (572) and eight shots back of No. 26 Missouri (565).
Host Washington State (573) is tied with UVU and Air Force (581) is in fifth.
Stratton Schulz (72-76) and Brayden Eriksen (77-72) round out the field for the Wolverines. Schulz is tied for 38th and Eriksen is tied for 45th.
Washington State's Michael Anderson (71-65) leads the tournament at 8-under par.
Final round action gets underway at 8 a.m. Tuesday with a shotgun start.
The event is being contested at the par-72, 7,015-yard Palm Valley Golf Club.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 29
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 26
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 25
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14