GOODYEAR, Ariz. — With three players at even par or better after the first two rounds of the Snowman Getaway Monday, the Utah Valley University men's golf team is tied for third place heading into Tuesday's final round.
"All in all, it was a great day. We put ourselves into contention. I am happy with how the guys played," UVU men's golf coach Chris Curran said.
UVU's Mason Casper, who opened with a 2-over par 74, had two eagles and 16 pars in his second round to move himself into a tied for 10th place.
Michael Dart (70-73) and Corey Eccles (71-73) are also in the top 20 at tied for 12th and tied for 17th, respectively.
The Wolverines (573) are just one shot back of second-place Gonzaga (572) and eight shots back of No. 26 Missouri (565).
Host Washington State (573) is tied with UVU and Air Force (581) is in fifth.
Stratton Schulz (72-76) and Brayden Eriksen (77-72) round out the field for the Wolverines. Schulz is tied for 38th and Eriksen is tied for 45th.
Washington State's Michael Anderson (71-65) leads the tournament at 8-under par.
Final round action gets underway at 8 a.m. Tuesday with a shotgun start.
The event is being contested at the par-72, 7,015-yard Palm Valley Golf Club.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 75
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 62
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37