GOODYEAR, Ariz. — With three players at even par or better after the first two rounds of the Snowman Getaway Monday, the Utah Valley University men's golf team is tied for third place heading into Tuesday's final round.
"All in all, it was a great day. We put ourselves into contention. I am happy with how the guys played," UVU men's golf coach Chris Curran said.
UVU's Mason Casper, who opened with a 2-over par 74, had two eagles and 16 pars in his second round to move himself into a tied for 10th place.
Michael Dart (70-73) and Corey Eccles (71-73) are also in the top 20 at tied for 12th and tied for 17th, respectively.
The Wolverines (573) are just one shot back of second-place Gonzaga (572) and eight shots back of No. 26 Missouri (565).
Host Washington State (573) is tied with UVU and Air Force (581) is in fifth.
Stratton Schulz (72-76) and Brayden Eriksen (77-72) round out the field for the Wolverines. Schulz is tied for 38th and Eriksen is tied for 45th.
Washington State's Michael Anderson (71-65) leads the tournament at 8-under par.
Final round action gets underway at 8 a.m. Tuesday with a shotgun start.
The event is being contested at the par-72, 7,015-yard Palm Valley Golf Club.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Cougars set to face Aggie QB Keeton in his...
- Schedule only gets tougher for BYU basketball...
- Cougars relish opportunity to play in-state...
- Brighton four-star recruit Sione Lund commits...
- Utah Jazz: Hayward finally has breakout game...
- BYU's bowl destination — Las Vegas or...
- BYU-Utah State: How to watch, listen to or...
- Utah State students plan a 'beard out' for...
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 59
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 52
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 42
- Twitter reacts to Utes' offensive... 36
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected... 34
- Doug Robinson: It's the same old sad... 31
- Utah State denies David Collette's... 30
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's... 28