GOODYEAR, Ariz. — With three players at even par or better after the first two rounds of the Snowman Getaway Monday, the Utah Valley University men's golf team is tied for third place heading into Tuesday's final round.
"All in all, it was a great day. We put ourselves into contention. I am happy with how the guys played," UVU men's golf coach Chris Curran said.
UVU's Mason Casper, who opened with a 2-over par 74, had two eagles and 16 pars in his second round to move himself into a tied for 10th place.
Michael Dart (70-73) and Corey Eccles (71-73) are also in the top 20 at tied for 12th and tied for 17th, respectively.
The Wolverines (573) are just one shot back of second-place Gonzaga (572) and eight shots back of No. 26 Missouri (565).
Host Washington State (573) is tied with UVU and Air Force (581) is in fifth.
Stratton Schulz (72-76) and Brayden Eriksen (77-72) round out the field for the Wolverines. Schulz is tied for 38th and Eriksen is tied for 45th.
Washington State's Michael Anderson (71-65) leads the tournament at 8-under par.
Final round action gets underway at 8 a.m. Tuesday with a shotgun start.
The event is being contested at the par-72, 7,015-yard Palm Valley Golf Club.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Cougars in the pros: Lasike scores first pro...
- BYU football: Suspensions impacting both BYU...
- Utah football: Utes outlast Michigan to win...
- Brad Rock: Utes to Harbaugh: Update your...
- Friday night lights: Live coverage of the...
- Utah Utes report card: Harbaugh, Michigan...
- Nebraska looking to set tone of Mike Riley...
- Special teams makes big plays as Utah State...
- Utah football: Utes outlast Michigan to... 110
- Lone Peak's Frank Jackson sees Duke as... 80
- BYU's Davis faces misdemeanor assault,... 72
- BYU football notebook: Team captains... 51
- Utah's 'big game' against Big Blue has... 43
- Michigan to debut its Harbaugh era in... 37
- Brad Rock: Take expletives, not... 35
- Morning links: Taysom Hill, Chuckie... 30