GOODYEAR, Ariz. — With three players at even par or better after the first two rounds of the Snowman Getaway Monday, the Utah Valley University men's golf team is tied for third place heading into Tuesday's final round.
"All in all, it was a great day. We put ourselves into contention. I am happy with how the guys played," UVU men's golf coach Chris Curran said.
UVU's Mason Casper, who opened with a 2-over par 74, had two eagles and 16 pars in his second round to move himself into a tied for 10th place.
Michael Dart (70-73) and Corey Eccles (71-73) are also in the top 20 at tied for 12th and tied for 17th, respectively.
The Wolverines (573) are just one shot back of second-place Gonzaga (572) and eight shots back of No. 26 Missouri (565).
Host Washington State (573) is tied with UVU and Air Force (581) is in fifth.
Stratton Schulz (72-76) and Brayden Eriksen (77-72) round out the field for the Wolverines. Schulz is tied for 38th and Eriksen is tied for 45th.
Washington State's Michael Anderson (71-65) leads the tournament at 8-under par.
Final round action gets underway at 8 a.m. Tuesday with a shotgun start.
The event is being contested at the par-72, 7,015-yard Palm Valley Golf Club.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19