The Jones family also believes all of the prayers offered on their behalf and the kind words pouring in on Facebook everyday will carry them through the dark moments. “One lady out of Anchorage wrote us and she has done so much to prepare us for what is to come. There is a serenity to her words that is just mind-blowing. She’s a tender mercy,” Chris Jones said.
The Jones family has received numerous "tender mercies," which Chris Jones has written about on the Facebook page.
“While navigating the labyrinth of pain and sorrow, Natalie and I often talk about finding joy … and we believe it is all around us,” Mitchell's father wrote in a post he titled Mourning With Those That Mourn. “Even in the midst of our deep heartache with our son’s prognosis, we have seen God work in our lives for which we are deeply grateful and we can find joy in the midst of our pain.”
After Rich left, Mitchell asked his dad why people were being so nice to him. Mitchell has also been reading all of the many letters and comments addressed to him.
“Why is everyone interested in me? I’m just a little kid that can’t do much,” Mitchell told his father.
But the thousands of people who have been touched by his story believe Mitchell has done much. His ability to laugh through pain, smile even though he is afraid and give beyond his heart’s capacity has taught them all that love is the most powerful force of all.
And when he leaves this earth, Mitchell's family hopes he knows he was loved.
A donation account to help with Mitchell’s medical expenses and hospice care has been set up at Zions Bank under the name Mitchell Jones Donation Account.
Letters can be sent to: Mitchell’s Journey, 5526 W. 13400 South #102, Herriman, UT 84096.
More on KSL 5 News tonight:
Andrew Rich had another surprise for Mitchell Jones. Tonight on KSL 5 News at 10. hear the phone call he received from a BYU icon.
- Herbert pleads with Obama to stop any new...
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- Illinois the top party school in the US; BYU...
- ACLU supports inmates' hunger strike, says...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- EPA's Clean Power Plan draws Utah criticism...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 50
- Herbert pleads with Obama to stop any... 39
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 38
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 36
- ACLU supports inmates' hunger strike,... 22
- EPA's Clean Power Plan draws Utah... 19
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 18
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12