BYU junior center Jennifer Hamson is the West Coast Conference Women's Basketball Player of the Week. She averaged 21.5 points and eight rebounds per game last week for the Cougars.
Hamson a 6-foot-7 junior center from Lindon, Utah, and Pleasant Grove High School, started the week off with a career-high 23 points and a game-high eight rebounds in a 79-64 win over Portland. She also added two blocks, two steals and one assist.
She followed that up with 20 points and eight more rebounds against first-place Gonzaga while shooting a career-high 80 percent from the field. Hamson also had a game-best four blocks.
For the week, Hamson shot 72 percent from the field and 78 percent from the charity stripe. In the two games she totaled 43 points, 16 rebounds, six blocks and three steals.
The award is the first for Hamson in her basketball career.
Norma Collett is the athletic communications director for the BYU women's basketball team. She can be reached at 801-422-4908 or at email@example.com
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Utahns in baseball: Former Ute Morin plays...
- High school football: Hillcrest Huskies 2015...
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 55
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 45
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 35
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 29
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 23
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 23
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16