BYU junior center Jennifer Hamson is the West Coast Conference Women's Basketball Player of the Week. She averaged 21.5 points and eight rebounds per game last week for the Cougars.
Hamson a 6-foot-7 junior center from Lindon, Utah, and Pleasant Grove High School, started the week off with a career-high 23 points and a game-high eight rebounds in a 79-64 win over Portland. She also added two blocks, two steals and one assist.
She followed that up with 20 points and eight more rebounds against first-place Gonzaga while shooting a career-high 80 percent from the field. Hamson also had a game-best four blocks.
For the week, Hamson shot 72 percent from the field and 78 percent from the charity stripe. In the two games she totaled 43 points, 16 rebounds, six blocks and three steals.
The award is the first for Hamson in her basketball career.
Norma Collett is the athletic communications director for the BYU women's basketball team. She can be reached at 801-422-4908 or at email@example.com
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 83
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 62
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 29
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 21
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20