BYU junior center Jennifer Hamson is the West Coast Conference Women's Basketball Player of the Week. She averaged 21.5 points and eight rebounds per game last week for the Cougars.
Hamson a 6-foot-7 junior center from Lindon, Utah, and Pleasant Grove High School, started the week off with a career-high 23 points and a game-high eight rebounds in a 79-64 win over Portland. She also added two blocks, two steals and one assist.
She followed that up with 20 points and eight more rebounds against first-place Gonzaga while shooting a career-high 80 percent from the field. Hamson also had a game-best four blocks.
For the week, Hamson shot 72 percent from the field and 78 percent from the charity stripe. In the two games she totaled 43 points, 16 rebounds, six blocks and three steals.
The award is the first for Hamson in her basketball career.
Norma Collett is the athletic communications director for the BYU women's basketball team. She can be reached at 801-422-4908 or at email@example.com
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- Dick Harmon: College football recruiters are...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35