Ray Boren, Deseret News
LOGAN — Officials plan to be back at the Logan Tabernacle Monday to try and figure out why a fan malfunctioned on Sunday.
Logan Fire Department officials say a fan that cools the pipes for the organ in the Tabernacle was not working properly on Sunday. That prompted light smoke that eventually set off the smoke detectors in the room.
A small number of people were inside at the time and the Tabernacle was evacuated. The fire department said there was no obvious damage, but an odor was left over from the smoke.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 63
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 46
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 10
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9