Ray Boren, Deseret News
LOGAN — Officials plan to be back at the Logan Tabernacle Monday to try and figure out why a fan malfunctioned on Sunday.
Logan Fire Department officials say a fan that cools the pipes for the organ in the Tabernacle was not working properly on Sunday. That prompted light smoke that eventually set off the smoke detectors in the room.
A small number of people were inside at the time and the Tabernacle was evacuated. The fire department said there was no obvious damage, but an odor was left over from the smoke.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 61
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 11
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Man charged with killing baby in Ogden... 8
- Circleville farmers scratching their... 8