Ray Boren, Deseret News
LOGAN — Officials plan to be back at the Logan Tabernacle Monday to try and figure out why a fan malfunctioned on Sunday.
Logan Fire Department officials say a fan that cools the pipes for the organ in the Tabernacle was not working properly on Sunday. That prompted light smoke that eventually set off the smoke detectors in the room.
A small number of people were inside at the time and the Tabernacle was evacuated. The fire department said there was no obvious damage, but an odor was left over from the smoke.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Holladay woman dies rock climbing in Maple...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 22
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 14
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13