Ray Boren, Deseret News
LOGAN — Officials plan to be back at the Logan Tabernacle Monday to try and figure out why a fan malfunctioned on Sunday.
Logan Fire Department officials say a fan that cools the pipes for the organ in the Tabernacle was not working properly on Sunday. That prompted light smoke that eventually set off the smoke detectors in the room.
A small number of people were inside at the time and the Tabernacle was evacuated. The fire department said there was no obvious damage, but an odor was left over from the smoke.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 163
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 11
- The ghosts under our feet: 88... 10