Ray Boren, Deseret News
LOGAN — Officials plan to be back at the Logan Tabernacle Monday to try and figure out why a fan malfunctioned on Sunday.
Logan Fire Department officials say a fan that cools the pipes for the organ in the Tabernacle was not working properly on Sunday. That prompted light smoke that eventually set off the smoke detectors in the room.
A small number of people were inside at the time and the Tabernacle was evacuated. The fire department said there was no obvious damage, but an odor was left over from the smoke.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Eagle Mountain residents told not to use city...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 78
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Polygamous women dressed as ninjas... 11