Lorenzo Snow: It’s one of those “and now for the rest of the story" posts found at Keepapitchinin. If you listened to the Lesson No. 4 from the "Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Lorenzo Snow" manual, you may have heard the story of the “visit of apostles Lorenzo Snow and Ezra T. Benson, accompanied by Joseph F. Smith and others, to the Sandwich Islands (Hawaii) in 1864.” It talks about an Alma Smith, who just happens to be the same little boy who had his hip shot off at Haun’s Mill. And, after reading this miraculous post, one commenter insightfully remarks: “Evidently, the ability to received detailed first aid instructions from the spirit runs in the family.” Click in to see how the layers intersect in these awesome LDS Church history stories.
Baptism FHE: It may the fact that my daughter is getting baptized as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints this week that this “FHE Idea: Getting Baptized” seemed to really jump out to me. But regardless, it includes a wonderful set of scripture ideas, story ideas and a song suggestion. Check it out.
Fun FHE: Maybe you don’t need the above baptism family home evening lesson this week, so check out “The Thimble Game: A quick and fun family night game.” This is a favorite FHE activity in the Jensen household. Click in for all the instructions and some delightful photos of this blogger’s family playing together.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground on...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 171
- Why I don’t call myself a... 94
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 64
- General Women's Session focuses on... 29
- State bills to protect religious... 21
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 17
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 13
- Returning LDS missionary, father... 8