Naked man on State Street stopped by police with Taser
SOUTH SALT LAKE — A man who police say was high on drugs ran naked and bloody for several blocks Sunday before officers used a Taser to stop and arrest him.
The bizarre incident happened about 6 p.m. when South Salt Lake police received a report of a possible stabbing. What investigators later learned was that a man in his late 20s had recently taken psychedelic mushrooms. The drugs caused the man's body temperature to rise, so he took off all of his clothes, ran through some bushes and over a fence that cut his arms and legs.
Police said the man ran from about 3100 S. West Temple to 2700 S. State Street before officers caught up with him. The blood looked worse than it really was, according to one officer. After a Taser was deployed, the man was taken to a local hospital to be treated for his injuries.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 43
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29