Naked man on State Street stopped by police with Taser
SOUTH SALT LAKE — A man who police say was high on drugs ran naked and bloody for several blocks Sunday before officers used a Taser to stop and arrest him.
The bizarre incident happened about 6 p.m. when South Salt Lake police received a report of a possible stabbing. What investigators later learned was that a man in his late 20s had recently taken psychedelic mushrooms. The drugs caused the man's body temperature to rise, so he took off all of his clothes, ran through some bushes and over a fence that cut his arms and legs.
Police said the man ran from about 3100 S. West Temple to 2700 S. State Street before officers caught up with him. The blood looked worse than it really was, according to one officer. After a Taser was deployed, the man was taken to a local hospital to be treated for his injuries.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- BYU Museum of Art acquires previously lost...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Grantsville residents tell Prison Relocation...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 41
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 36
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 23
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 21
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 18
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17