SOUTH SALT LAKE — A man who police say was high on drugs ran naked and bloody for several blocks Sunday before officers used a Taser to stop and arrest him.
The bizarre incident happened about 6 p.m. when South Salt Lake police received a report of a possible stabbing. What investigators later learned was that a man in his late 20s had recently taken psychedelic mushrooms. The drugs caused the man's body temperature to rise, so he took off all of his clothes, ran through some bushes and over a fence that cut his arms and legs.
Police said the man ran from about 3100 S. West Temple to 2700 S. State Street before officers caught up with him. The blood looked worse than it really was, according to one officer. After a Taser was deployed, the man was taken to a local hospital to be treated for his injuries.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 21
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 11