Naked man on State Street stopped by police with Taser
SOUTH SALT LAKE — A man who police say was high on drugs ran naked and bloody for several blocks Sunday before officers used a Taser to stop and arrest him.
The bizarre incident happened about 6 p.m. when South Salt Lake police received a report of a possible stabbing. What investigators later learned was that a man in his late 20s had recently taken psychedelic mushrooms. The drugs caused the man's body temperature to rise, so he took off all of his clothes, ran through some bushes and over a fence that cut his arms and legs.
Police said the man ran from about 3100 S. West Temple to 2700 S. State Street before officers caught up with him. The blood looked worse than it really was, according to one officer. After a Taser was deployed, the man was taken to a local hospital to be treated for his injuries.
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Doug Robinson: Utah's Glen Hanson has had an...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- Minor earthquake shakes southern Utah town
- President Packer's enduring legacy includes...
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 64
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 39
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 24
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in... 12
- Rubio, Christie planning sleepover with... 12