Naked man on State Street stopped by police with Taser
SOUTH SALT LAKE — A man who police say was high on drugs ran naked and bloody for several blocks Sunday before officers used a Taser to stop and arrest him.
The bizarre incident happened about 6 p.m. when South Salt Lake police received a report of a possible stabbing. What investigators later learned was that a man in his late 20s had recently taken psychedelic mushrooms. The drugs caused the man's body temperature to rise, so he took off all of his clothes, ran through some bushes and over a fence that cut his arms and legs.
Police said the man ran from about 3100 S. West Temple to 2700 S. State Street before officers caught up with him. The blood looked worse than it really was, according to one officer. After a Taser was deployed, the man was taken to a local hospital to be treated for his injuries.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8