USU tennis: men's tennis defeats Montana State-Billings, 5-0
Utah State men's tennis defeated Montana State-Billings, 5-0, Saturday in Bozeman, Mont. Utah State won all three doubles matches securing the point and won all four of the singles matches that were played. Due to inclement weather, the teams agreed not to play the final two singles matches.
In singles action, senior Sven Poslusny defeated Navin Marimuthu in straight sets (6-2, 6-3). In the No. 2 spot, junior Fedrick Peterson took down Christian Fischer in straight sets (6-2, 6-3). At No. 3 singles, sophomore Matt Sweet defeated Brad Knutson in straight sets (7-5, 6-2). At the No. 4 spot, sophomore Curran Wearmouth defeated Brandon Beardsley in straight sets (7-5, 6-4). The fifth and sixth position matches were not played.
In the first doubles position, Poslusny and Sweet took down Marimuthu and Fischer, 9-7. In the second doubles position, Peterson and sophomore partner Sean Levesque defeated Beardsley and Josh Hedderig, 9-8. And in the third doubles position, Wearmouth and junior partner Andrew Whiting defeated Knutson and Kavindu Gamage, 9-7.
Utah State returns to action on Saturday, Mar. 23, when it hosts Lamar at the Sports Academy and Racquet Club at 11 a.m.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 25