USU tennis: men's tennis defeats Montana State-Billings, 5-0
Utah State men's tennis defeated Montana State-Billings, 5-0, Saturday in Bozeman, Mont. Utah State won all three doubles matches securing the point and won all four of the singles matches that were played. Due to inclement weather, the teams agreed not to play the final two singles matches.
In singles action, senior Sven Poslusny defeated Navin Marimuthu in straight sets (6-2, 6-3). In the No. 2 spot, junior Fedrick Peterson took down Christian Fischer in straight sets (6-2, 6-3). At No. 3 singles, sophomore Matt Sweet defeated Brad Knutson in straight sets (7-5, 6-2). At the No. 4 spot, sophomore Curran Wearmouth defeated Brandon Beardsley in straight sets (7-5, 6-4). The fifth and sixth position matches were not played.
In the first doubles position, Poslusny and Sweet took down Marimuthu and Fischer, 9-7. In the second doubles position, Peterson and sophomore partner Sean Levesque defeated Beardsley and Josh Hedderig, 9-8. And in the third doubles position, Wearmouth and junior partner Andrew Whiting defeated Knutson and Kavindu Gamage, 9-7.
Utah State returns to action on Saturday, Mar. 23, when it hosts Lamar at the Sports Academy and Racquet Club at 11 a.m.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33