High school boys basketball: 4A state tournament capsules
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Just like last season, No. 1 Orem and No. 2 Bountiful head into the 4A state tournament as the teams to beat. Last year they met in the semifinals, but this year a possible matchup would occur in the state championship.
Theres still a lot of basketball to be played before the teams can dream of the No. 1 vs. No. 2 final, however, and neither is a lock to advance. The overall quality in 4A is up from last year, and teams like Mountain Crest, Sky View, Olympus, Timpview and Springville are all certainly capable of making deep playoff runs themselves.
James Edward is the prep editor and Real Salt Lake beat writer for the Deseret News. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @dnewspreps
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 24
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22