High school boys basketball: 4A state tournament capsules
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Just like last season, No. 1 Orem and No. 2 Bountiful head into the 4A state tournament as the teams to beat. Last year they met in the semifinals, but this year a possible matchup would occur in the state championship.
Theres still a lot of basketball to be played before the teams can dream of the No. 1 vs. No. 2 final, however, and neither is a lock to advance. The overall quality in 4A is up from last year, and teams like Mountain Crest, Sky View, Olympus, Timpview and Springville are all certainly capable of making deep playoff runs themselves.
James Edward is the prep editor and Real Salt Lake beat writer for the Deseret News. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @dnewspreps
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery: Ansah...
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers to...
- How to watch Utah football stars, local...
- Herriman brothers say their bond, competition...
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins Bruin Classic
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015
- High school basketball: Morby's last-second...
- MountainStar Healthcare Star Athletes of Week 20
- Locals and the NFL playoffs: Alex... 1
- Herriman brothers say their bond,... 1
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015 0
- High school basketball: Morby's... 0
- How to watch Utah football stars, local... 0
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers... 0
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins... 0
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery:... 0