High school boys basketball: 4A state tournament capsules
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Just like last season, No. 1 Orem and No. 2 Bountiful head into the 4A state tournament as the teams to beat. Last year they met in the semifinals, but this year a possible matchup would occur in the state championship.
Theres still a lot of basketball to be played before the teams can dream of the No. 1 vs. No. 2 final, however, and neither is a lock to advance. The overall quality in 4A is up from last year, and teams like Mountain Crest, Sky View, Olympus, Timpview and Springville are all certainly capable of making deep playoff runs themselves.
James Edward is the prep editor and Real Salt Lake beat writer for the Deseret News. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @dnewspreps
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26