High school boys basketball: 4A state tournament capsules
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Just like last season, No. 1 Orem and No. 2 Bountiful head into the 4A state tournament as the teams to beat. Last year they met in the semifinals, but this year a possible matchup would occur in the state championship.
Theres still a lot of basketball to be played before the teams can dream of the No. 1 vs. No. 2 final, however, and neither is a lock to advance. The overall quality in 4A is up from last year, and teams like Mountain Crest, Sky View, Olympus, Timpview and Springville are all certainly capable of making deep playoff runs themselves.
James Edward is the prep editor and Real Salt Lake beat writer for the Deseret News. Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @dnewspreps
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33