High school boys basketball: 4A state tournament capsules
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Just like last season, No. 1 Orem and No. 2 Bountiful head into the 4A state tournament as the teams to beat. Last year they met in the semifinals, but this year a possible matchup would occur in the state championship.
Theres still a lot of basketball to be played before the teams can dream of the No. 1 vs. No. 2 final, however, and neither is a lock to advance. The overall quality in 4A is up from last year, and teams like Mountain Crest, Sky View, Olympus, Timpview and Springville are all certainly capable of making deep playoff runs themselves.
James Edward is the prep editor and Real Salt Lake beat writer for the Deseret News. Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @dnewspreps
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- College football predictions: How will... 140
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- First steps: Utes open season with... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 47
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42