Ezekiel Ansah: 'I seek for Heavenly Father's guidance' in preparing for NFL career
Ezekial Ansah's life is getting increasingly busier amid the circus-like atmosphere that usually accompanies being a highly sought-after NFL draftee in the months heading into the April draft.
The former BYU defensive end told reporters Saturday at the league's annual scouting combine in Indianapolis what helps him stay focused as he tries to make an impression on potential future employers.
"I pray every day, I seek for Heavenly Father's guidance and I just try to stay on the course," Ansah said, according to a Cleveland Plain Dealer video at Cleveland.com.
Ansah said he has taken the time to study tape of Jason Pierre-Paul, to whom NFL experts have compared him. Pierre-Paul, who's a two-time Pro Bowler in three pro seasons, is a starting defensive end for the New York Giants. He burst into the NFL spotlight when he had 16.5 sacks in the 2011 season.
"I want to be the best player in this position, even with the little experience that I have," Ansah told reporters. "That is a challenge that I have, and that's what actually drives me."
Ansah will work out with the defensive linemen at the combine. He said some teams want to see what he can do at the outside linebacker position. Ansah and the rest of the defensive linemen will participate in the bench press Sunday, followed by on-field drills on Monday. The on-field drills, in addition to player interviews, will be highly scrutinized by NFL team personnel.
With the spotlight on him Saturday, Ansah showed confidence that he can compete and excel at the NFL level, no matter his relative inexperience with the game of football.
"I know that, regardless of the fact that everybody telling me that I'm raw, I'm pretty good at what I'm doing," he said.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart from...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Friday night lights central, week 5: Scores,...
- High school football: Felt's Facts for Week...
- BYU vs. Virginia primer
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 107
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 71
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 62
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 54
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 50
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 44