UVU golf: Wolverines tee it up Monday, Tuesday at Snowman Getaway
OREM, Utah — The Utah Valley University men's golf team will look to improve on its fifth-place finish at the SUU Pat Hicks Thunderbird Invitational when it tees it up at the Snowman Getway on Monday and Tuesday in Goodyear, Ariz.
The 54-hole event will be contested at the par-72, 7,015-yard Palm Valley Golf Club.
Along with UVU and host Washington State University, Missouri, Kansas State, Minnesota, UMKC, St. John's, UNC Greensboro, Gonzaga, Air Force, Missouri State, Southern Illinois Edwardsville, Seattle and Loyola (Md.) will compete in the event.
Monday's 36 holes will begin at 8 a.m. with a shotgun start, while the final 18 holes will begin with a shotgun start at 8 a.m. Tuesday.
Utah Valley University golfers Mason Casper and Michael Dart tied for 12th place after shooting rounds of 71 and 75, respectively, in the final round of the SUU Pat Hicks Invitational contested at the par-71, 6,879-yard Sunbrook Golf Club in St. George, Utah, two weeks ago.
Following the Snowman Getaway, the Wolverines will compete in the Brandon Dunes Championship in Bandon, Ore., March 8-10.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football...
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory over...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Bingham nearly topples undefeated Florida...
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point range...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 40
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 36
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being... 29
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 20