UVU golf: Wolverines tee it up Monday, Tuesday at Snowman Getaway
OREM, Utah — The Utah Valley University men's golf team will look to improve on its fifth-place finish at the SUU Pat Hicks Thunderbird Invitational when it tees it up at the Snowman Getway on Monday and Tuesday in Goodyear, Ariz.
The 54-hole event will be contested at the par-72, 7,015-yard Palm Valley Golf Club.
Along with UVU and host Washington State University, Missouri, Kansas State, Minnesota, UMKC, St. John's, UNC Greensboro, Gonzaga, Air Force, Missouri State, Southern Illinois Edwardsville, Seattle and Loyola (Md.) will compete in the event.
Monday's 36 holes will begin at 8 a.m. with a shotgun start, while the final 18 holes will begin with a shotgun start at 8 a.m. Tuesday.
Utah Valley University golfers Mason Casper and Michael Dart tied for 12th place after shooting rounds of 71 and 75, respectively, in the final round of the SUU Pat Hicks Invitational contested at the par-71, 6,879-yard Sunbrook Golf Club in St. George, Utah, two weeks ago.
Following the Snowman Getaway, the Wolverines will compete in the Brandon Dunes Championship in Bandon, Ore., March 8-10.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utes continue Pac-12 'meat grinder' with...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25