Davis County Jail
FARMINGTON — A 41-year-old Bountiful man has been charged with 14 first-degree felonies for alleged sexual encounters with a 13-year-old girl he coached in soccer.
Steve Dale Green is facing eight counts of rape, two counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child, two counts of forcible sodomy and charges of object rape of a child and rape of a child, from encounters that began in 2008 and continued through 2011, according to charges filed in 2nd District Court. The girl, now 17, met Green in 2007 when he was her soccer coach, a police affidavit states.
The team was for girls ages 12 to 15.
The teen-age girl said she became "close friends" with Green's family and went to their home often, the affidavit states. In 2008, when she was 13, the girl told police that Green initiated a sexual relationship.
Investigators said the relationship progressed from touching to intercourse and lasted until 2011. The sexual activity occurred at Green's Bountiful home on a near-daily basis, according to the affidavit.
Police said the encounters ended when the girl grew older and developed an interest in boys her own age. She confided in a relative about the encounters with her coach and the relative contacted police.
"The defendant occupied a position of special trust in relation to the aforementioned minor female, therefore she could not consent to the sexual conduct that occurred when she was between 14 and 15 years old," the charges state.
A court date in the case has not been set.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15