Utah State men's tennis was defeated by Montana State, 4-3, Friday in Bozeman, Mont. The Aggies won two of the doubles matches securing the point, but only came out with two wins in singles competition. Play took place at the Bobcat-Anderson Tennis Center.
At No. 1 singles, senior Sven Poslusny came up with a win for the Aggies when he took down Montana State's Niklas Brandes in straight sets (6-3, 6-4). Sophomore Sean Levesque also came out with a win when he defeated Harry James in straight sets at the No. 5 singles position (6-4, 7-6). In the No. 2 spot, junior Fredrik Peterson fell to Javier Martin-Morillas in straight sets (7-5, 6-3), and at the No. 3 spot, sophomore Matt Sweet was defeated by Markus Schleuter in straight sets (6-2, 6-1). At the No. 4 spot, sophomore Curran Wearmouth fell in straight sets to Diego Campos (6-2, 6-1), and at No. 6 singles, junior Brandon Nielson was defeated by Prithiv Sivasubramanian in three sets (5-7, 6-1, 6-3).
In doubles action, Poslusny and Sweet were defeated in the first position by Brandes and Campos (8-6). In the second position, Peterson and Levesque took down Schleuter and Martin-Morillas (9-8). In the third doubles position, junior Andrew Whiting and Wearmouth defeated James and Sivasubramanian (8-4).
The Aggies will remain in Montana to compete Saturday, Feb. 23, against Montana State-Billings. Play will begin at 9 a.m.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- Dick Harmon: College football recruiters are...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35