High school girls basketball: Haddock twins have added fire to now smoldering-hot Timpview T-birds
The Bobcats were led by Lindey Jensen, who scored 22 points, including five 3-pointers. Kendra Falslev added 10 points and six rebounds, while Hellstern finished with 11 points. Center Tara Goldman was a monster in the paint with 13 rebounds, seven points, four steals, two blocked shots and three assists.
"They won," said Sky View head coach Kimber Hall. "We did not handle the pressure well. Yesterday we made these types of plays, and today we didn't. We just didn't take care of the basketball."
Hall said the defeat doesn't diminish what his team accomplished this season.
"It has been a great year," he said. "We're not going to hang our heads. We came down here and played well."
Meanwhile, Cooke Sundquist said her team has a hard-nosed mentality.
"These girls just battle," said Cooke Sundquist. "This group that I have this year, they believe in themselves. I don't even have to motivate them." Especially not Saturday afternoon when they take on Springville, something Cooke Sundquist suspected might happen.
"I told them after that last loss, 'This is not the last time you're going to see Springville'," she said. "'You'll see them in the championship game.' I know that sounds crazy, but I knew we'd get another shot. And we'll be ready."
- Ranking the best NBA players to ever come out...
- BYU basketball: Confident San Francisco...
- Former Lone Peak center Justin Hamilton makes...
- 15 lessons learned from a BYU rugby game
- Photo story: What teenagers taught me at the...
- Basketball bonds: Hoops have tied Utah star...
- Utah Jazz: Boos for Paul Millsap?...
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San Francisco...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 73
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes eager to... 29
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26
- Krystkowiak asks Runnin' Utes to stay... 24
- Utah basketball: Regular-season finale... 24
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak... 20