Natalie Lundberg and her family lived in Logan, Utah, but Kayla and Matt Lemmon would visit all the time. “She quickly became one of my closest friends," Kayla Lemmon said. "She wasn’t just a sister-in-law, she was a sister. She had two wonderful kids, and I love them. It was a really hard time. It’s still hard, I want to call or text her sometimes.”
Kayla Lemmon said, “I sang at Natalie’s funeral, and the casket was right in front of me. I felt that she was there, it was a very real experience, she wasn’t gone, she was just somewhere else. I’m just grateful that she’s my sister forever.”
While Lundberg had been fighting her battle with cancer, Kayla Lemmon’s dad hadn’t been feeling well; they thought it was a stomach bug. Just a week after Lundberg’s passing, he went in for a test and found out he had cancer. “Natalie’s death was still really fresh. My dad and I weren’t very close growing up. We’ve been a lot closer lately. I’ve been trying to be a better daughter.”
He’s still in chemotherapy; they’re setting up a plan for his stomach surgery. After that, he’ll be on a different diet for the rest of his life, and have weeks of chemo again. (She started a campaign, “A Miracle for Dad,” at pledgie.com/campaigns/19003.)
Lemmon said she has learned many lessons through her recent trials. The greater the sorrow in our lives, the greater happiness we can receive, she said.
“Just having friends, family, even short Facebook messages, makes me realize that life is sweet. There are people who pray for us, the Savior has gone through all this before," said Lemmon, who is working for a local television station. "It’s hard to lose people in our lives and see them go through pain, but I know they’re still in our lives. People have way worse trials than me. That’s what keeps me so optimistic, seeing how blessed I really am.”
Ashlynn Green is a wife, a daughter, a sister, a pug-lover and a huge believer of the family.
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- The Piano Guys perform 'Silent Night' at New...
- Lindsey Stirling, Alex Boye, others to...
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'...
- New Joseph Smith Papers volume provides...
- The effect of having a widow's mite of faith
- LDS World: Learning to recognize God's tender...
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates... 14
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 11
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is... 4
- A lesson a little girl learned while... 4
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'... 4
- The effect of having a widow's mite of... 2
- Pope Francis brings peace message to... 1
- Book review: 'Understanding the... 1