Tim Anderson: U. law school continues to innovate, better serve Utah communities
In response to the third concern, the college of law has worked diligently with its students to seek out placement opportunities that go far beyond the limited big firm model. We are committed to helping our graduates address a wide variety of unmet legal needs.
Moreover, there have been accusations that law schools have misled students about the actual employment data and opportunities for newly graduated students. The college of law, however, has been careful to avoid the practices that led to these concerns. The organization Law School Transparency ranked the college among the top 20 most transparent law schools for the data it publishes about its students’ career placement records.
Finally, these achievements will be captured and expanded with plans for a new facility that not only sets new standards for sustainability, accessibility and education, but also frees up the current law school facility for much needed space by the University.
The college of law looks forward to creating future important contributions to the state of Utah through innovative training, applied research and direct service to the community.
Tim Anderson is a Member of the Board of Trustees at the University of Utah, a member of the University’s Executive Committee and also a Senior Partner at Jones Waldo PC.
- In our opinion: Looking upward, seeking...
- In our opinion: With caucus compromise, Utah...
- John Florez: Education — Big government...
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- Letter: A 'dying' document
- My view: History lesson — 'Taking back'...
- George F. Will: IRS — The most...
- In our opinion: Prison relocation iffy
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 67
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Letter: Religious freedom 53
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 30
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 30
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod 21
- Letter: A 'dying' document 20