LAYTON — The city is currently working to finalize the design of a new splash pad. The splash pad will be located at Ellison Park, 700 N. 2200 West in Layton.
Construction on the splash pad is scheduled to begin in early spring with a grand opening scheduled for this summer.
The facility will consist of a raised play structure and seven ground level spray components. On the deck, there are eight interactive spray features, and the pad will have a double-wide slide. Around the raised structure there will be seven additional ground level water elements that include features for toddlers and older children.
The splash pad will be powered by a water treatment and recycling system similar to the one used at Layton City Surf ‘n' Swim. The water will be filtered, treated and filtered again using ultraviolet light to make sure it is clean and safe to play in. The treated water will then be recycled through the play system, allowing for greater conservation of the water used to operate the splash pad.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 79
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12