LAYTON — The city is currently working to finalize the design of a new splash pad. The splash pad will be located at Ellison Park, 700 N. 2200 West in Layton.
Construction on the splash pad is scheduled to begin in early spring with a grand opening scheduled for this summer.
The facility will consist of a raised play structure and seven ground level spray components. On the deck, there are eight interactive spray features, and the pad will have a double-wide slide. Around the raised structure there will be seven additional ground level water elements that include features for toddlers and older children.
The splash pad will be powered by a water treatment and recycling system similar to the one used at Layton City Surf ‘n' Swim. The water will be filtered, treated and filtered again using ultraviolet light to make sure it is clean and safe to play in. The treated water will then be recycled through the play system, allowing for greater conservation of the water used to operate the splash pad.
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 107
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 89
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 77
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23