LAYTON — The city is currently working to finalize the design of a new splash pad. The splash pad will be located at Ellison Park, 700 N. 2200 West in Layton.
Construction on the splash pad is scheduled to begin in early spring with a grand opening scheduled for this summer.
The facility will consist of a raised play structure and seven ground level spray components. On the deck, there are eight interactive spray features, and the pad will have a double-wide slide. Around the raised structure there will be seven additional ground level water elements that include features for toddlers and older children.
The splash pad will be powered by a water treatment and recycling system similar to the one used at Layton City Surf ‘n' Swim. The water will be filtered, treated and filtered again using ultraviolet light to make sure it is clean and safe to play in. The treated water will then be recycled through the play system, allowing for greater conservation of the water used to operate the splash pad.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12