Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Students took in some hands-on learning about health care careers on Thursday.
Healthcare Day allowed students from Granite, Canyons, Jordan, Murray, Salt Lake City, and Tooele school districts to gather vital career information from real world doctors, physicians and nurses.
Attendees had the opportunity to meet with experts in fields such as sports medicine, imaging, biotechnology, occupational and physical therapy, pharmacy, surgery, health information systems, cardiology, and respiratory therapy. Students also learned about specialized career training classes offered at the Granite Technical Institute.
- Hope in a crisis: School, community leaders...
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Eagle Mountain man killed in alleged domestic...
- Five sites now under consideration for new...
- Becky Lockhart remembered on Rare Disease Day...
- Officer in parade controversy speaks out on...
- Lehi supplement firm launches research lab
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 263
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- Prophets and presidents: 11 noteworthy... 23
- Utah Senate rejects delay to Count My... 19
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 16