Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Students took in some hands-on learning about health care careers on Thursday.
Healthcare Day allowed students from Granite, Canyons, Jordan, Murray, Salt Lake City, and Tooele school districts to gather vital career information from real world doctors, physicians and nurses.
Attendees had the opportunity to meet with experts in fields such as sports medicine, imaging, biotechnology, occupational and physical therapy, pharmacy, surgery, health information systems, cardiology, and respiratory therapy. Students also learned about specialized career training classes offered at the Granite Technical Institute.
- Victim of Washington Terrace homicide...
- K2 The Church's grand opening a neighborhood...
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to dial...
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Tom Welch: Replace the prison with the NFL
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Deedee Corradini, Salt Lake's first and only...
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years ......
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to... 23
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 17
- With Healthy Utah stalled, lives still... 16
- Hope in a crisis: School, community... 16