Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Students took in some hands-on learning about health care careers on Thursday.
Healthcare Day allowed students from Granite, Canyons, Jordan, Murray, Salt Lake City, and Tooele school districts to gather vital career information from real world doctors, physicians and nurses.
Attendees had the opportunity to meet with experts in fields such as sports medicine, imaging, biotechnology, occupational and physical therapy, pharmacy, surgery, health information systems, cardiology, and respiratory therapy. Students also learned about specialized career training classes offered at the Granite Technical Institute.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Eagle Mountain residents told not to use city...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 78
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 37
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 29
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18