Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Students took in some hands-on learning about health care careers on Thursday.
Healthcare Day allowed students from Granite, Canyons, Jordan, Murray, Salt Lake City, and Tooele school districts to gather vital career information from real world doctors, physicians and nurses.
Attendees had the opportunity to meet with experts in fields such as sports medicine, imaging, biotechnology, occupational and physical therapy, pharmacy, surgery, health information systems, cardiology, and respiratory therapy. Students also learned about specialized career training classes offered at the Granite Technical Institute.
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Hillcrest students, others show support for...
- Harley rider killed in accident identified
- New details in court reveal alleged shooter...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- Students wear green to honor 2 Hillcrest...
- Despite rain, Utahns still have plenty of...
- Mia Love pushing higher education act
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 42
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Legalize medical marijuana? Utahns... 28
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15