Provo man arrested after allegedly growing pot in daughter's room
PROVO — A Provo resident was arrested Tuesday for allegedly growing large amounts of marijuana inside his home, including the room where his 5-year-old daughter slept.
Police say Jordan Cook, 29, was growing marijuana plants throughout his house.
“It turns out the marijuana was literally in every room,” Provo Police Sgt. Matt Siufanua said.
Siufanua said Cook was growing 145 plants in all and was in possession of about 70 pounds of the illegal drug.
Cook has partial custody of his daughter, who is now staying with her mother.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17