South Salt Lake man charged with sexually abusing neighbor girls
SOUTH SALT LAKE — Following a three-month investigation, South Salt Lake police arrested a man who they say molested two girls who lived in an apartment near him.
Richard James Hitt, 47, was arrested Wednesday and charged with aggravated sexual abuse of a child and three counts of object rape, first-degree felonies. He was also charged with two counts of forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony.
Hitt allegedly abused two sisters, ages 10 and 16, after befriending their family in South Salt Lake. Police say the abuse took place between July and November of last year in his apartment.
Anyone with additional information regarding the case or about Hitt is asked to call South Salt Lake police at 801-840-4000.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 30
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 19
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12