South Salt Lake man charged with sexually abusing neighbor girls
SOUTH SALT LAKE — Following a three-month investigation, South Salt Lake police arrested a man who they say molested two girls who lived in an apartment near him.
Richard James Hitt, 47, was arrested Wednesday and charged with aggravated sexual abuse of a child and three counts of object rape, first-degree felonies. He was also charged with two counts of forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony.
Hitt allegedly abused two sisters, ages 10 and 16, after befriending their family in South Salt Lake. Police say the abuse took place between July and November of last year in his apartment.
Anyone with additional information regarding the case or about Hitt is asked to call South Salt Lake police at 801-840-4000.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 54
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 11