South Salt Lake man charged with sexually abusing neighbor girls
SOUTH SALT LAKE — Following a three-month investigation, South Salt Lake police arrested a man who they say molested two girls who lived in an apartment near him.
Richard James Hitt, 47, was arrested Wednesday and charged with aggravated sexual abuse of a child and three counts of object rape, first-degree felonies. He was also charged with two counts of forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony.
Hitt allegedly abused two sisters, ages 10 and 16, after befriending their family in South Salt Lake. Police say the abuse took place between July and November of last year in his apartment.
Anyone with additional information regarding the case or about Hitt is asked to call South Salt Lake police at 801-840-4000.
- Victim of Washington Terrace homicide...
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to dial...
- K2 The Church's grand opening a neighborhood...
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Doug Robinson: Managing a delicate balance
- Educators call for funding, legislation to...
- Washington Terrace woman found dead, 2 in...
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 268
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to... 22
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 17
- Hope in a crisis: School, community... 16