Utes basketball: Senior center Jason Washburn closing in on 1,000-point milestone
Besides having four double-doubles in Pac-12 play, Washburn matched his career high with 26 points in last week’s 60-55 win over Arizona State.
It just happens to be the exact amount of points the 6-foot-10, 242-pounder from Battle Creek, Mich., needs to reach the 1,000-point milestone.
“It’s a huge deal with all the tradition and history that our program has with great players like Keith Van Horn, Luke Nevill, Andre Miller, Michael Doleac,” said teammate Jeremy Olsen, a redshirt freshman. “It’s just a great group to be with for Washburn, that’s for sure.”
Olsen added that Washburn has a great love for the game and the Utah program.
“You can tell how much he loves to be here with the enthusiasm on the bench, when he’s on the court and after games we win,” Olsen said. “He’s just a great example to all of us and someone who provides a lot of energy for the team.”
- BYU basketball: Confident San Francisco...
- Basketball bonds: Hoops have tied Utah star...
- Former Lone Peak center Justin Hamilton makes...
- High school boys basketball: TJ Haws' career...
- Utah Jazz: Boos for Paul Millsap?...
- 15 lessons learned from a BYU rugby game
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of 3-pointers,...
- David Stockton, son of John, saves the day...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 84
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 70
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 57
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 44
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- CougarLinks: BYU picked to win WCC... 28
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26