Utes basketball: Senior center Jason Washburn closing in on 1,000-point milestone
Besides having four double-doubles in Pac-12 play, Washburn matched his career high with 26 points in last week’s 60-55 win over Arizona State.
It just happens to be the exact amount of points the 6-foot-10, 242-pounder from Battle Creek, Mich., needs to reach the 1,000-point milestone.
“It’s a huge deal with all the tradition and history that our program has with great players like Keith Van Horn, Luke Nevill, Andre Miller, Michael Doleac,” said teammate Jeremy Olsen, a redshirt freshman. “It’s just a great group to be with for Washburn, that’s for sure.”
Olsen added that Washburn has a great love for the game and the Utah program.
“You can tell how much he loves to be here with the enthusiasm on the bench, when he’s on the court and after games we win,” Olsen said. “He’s just a great example to all of us and someone who provides a lot of energy for the team.”
- Commentary: Long-term success in independence...
- BYU basketball: Cougars face No. 21 UMass in...
- 2014 NBA draft tracker: An ongoing look at...
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom Hill,...
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie re-signs...
- Utah Jazz: Rip City, all right...
- Utah State football: Immovable Aggies face...
- Utah Jazz: Banner day coming for Jerry Sloan
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 101
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 60
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 57
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 48
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: USC taps BYU experience... 46
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 29