Utes basketball: Senior center Jason Washburn closing in on 1,000-point milestone
Besides having four double-doubles in Pac-12 play, Washburn matched his career high with 26 points in last week’s 60-55 win over Arizona State.
It just happens to be the exact amount of points the 6-foot-10, 242-pounder from Battle Creek, Mich., needs to reach the 1,000-point milestone.
“It’s a huge deal with all the tradition and history that our program has with great players like Keith Van Horn, Luke Nevill, Andre Miller, Michael Doleac,” said teammate Jeremy Olsen, a redshirt freshman. “It’s just a great group to be with for Washburn, that’s for sure.”
Olsen added that Washburn has a great love for the game and the Utah program.
“You can tell how much he loves to be here with the enthusiasm on the bench, when he’s on the court and after games we win,” Olsen said. “He’s just a great example to all of us and someone who provides a lot of energy for the team.”
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Ranking the best rookie seasons in Utah Jazz...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Damian Lillard stars in hilarious Adidas ad...
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after...
- Danny Berger and Jordan Stone to play at...
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker reportedly...
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment from...
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment... 50
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after... 47
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker... 44
- ESPN report: Jabari Parker rules out... 42
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Utah football: Utes are eager to pick... 33
- Utah Jazz: Jazz suffer weird loss... 24
- Should the Jazz intentionally lose to... 23