PROVO, Utah – The undefeated BYU women’s tennis team faces its first road test of the season as the Cougars play No. 67 UNLV on Friday and Iowa State on Saturday. Both matches will be played in Las Vegas at the Fertitta Tennis Complex and start at 10 a.m. PST.
The Cougars (4-0) feature four unbeaten singles players in 2013 in Aubrey Paul, Meghan Sheehan-Dizon, Nicolette Tran and Desiree Tran.
No. 67 UNLV (4-3) earned wins over Southern Utah and Weber State. No. 19 Aleksandra Josifoska will play at the No. 1 singles position. The Cougars lead the series against the Rebels, 21-6.
The first meeting between BYU and Iowa State (1-3) will be the Cyclones’ third-straight road match.
The Cougars return home to host the Utah Utes on March 2.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 35
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20