PROVO, Utah – The undefeated BYU women’s tennis team faces its first road test of the season as the Cougars play No. 67 UNLV on Friday and Iowa State on Saturday. Both matches will be played in Las Vegas at the Fertitta Tennis Complex and start at 10 a.m. PST.
The Cougars (4-0) feature four unbeaten singles players in 2013 in Aubrey Paul, Meghan Sheehan-Dizon, Nicolette Tran and Desiree Tran.
No. 67 UNLV (4-3) earned wins over Southern Utah and Weber State. No. 19 Aleksandra Josifoska will play at the No. 1 singles position. The Cougars lead the series against the Rebels, 21-6.
The first meeting between BYU and Iowa State (1-3) will be the Cyclones’ third-straight road match.
The Cougars return home to host the Utah Utes on March 2.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz shock the Kings, 122-101
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- Power rankings: Pac-12, WCC, MWC men's...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 101
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 82
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 70
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 51
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 51
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Utah Utes basketball: AD Chris Hill... 38