PROVO, Utah – The undefeated BYU women’s tennis team faces its first road test of the season as the Cougars play No. 67 UNLV on Friday and Iowa State on Saturday. Both matches will be played in Las Vegas at the Fertitta Tennis Complex and start at 10 a.m. PST.
The Cougars (4-0) feature four unbeaten singles players in 2013 in Aubrey Paul, Meghan Sheehan-Dizon, Nicolette Tran and Desiree Tran.
No. 67 UNLV (4-3) earned wins over Southern Utah and Weber State. No. 19 Aleksandra Josifoska will play at the No. 1 singles position. The Cougars lead the series against the Rebels, 21-6.
The first meeting between BYU and Iowa State (1-3) will be the Cyclones’ third-straight road match.
The Cougars return home to host the Utah Utes on March 2.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Rudy Gobert made Suns pay for fouling strategy
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the road...
- Mike Sorensen: Manning's storybook ending...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to Pacific,...
- Oregon overpowers Utes for 76-66 victory
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 102
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 84
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 64
- 5-star LDS linebacker prospect Mique... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Brad Rock: Recruiting day puts Utes in... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 23
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22