What's new: 'The Ministry of Business' provides practical knowledge for achieving success
"THE MINISTRY OF BUSINESS: How Correct Principles Magnify Business Success," by Steven A. Hitz with James W. Ritchie, $16.95, 235 pages (nf)
Growing up in a small Wyoming town, the idea of owning a business never occurred to Steve Hitz during his formative years.
Decades later, after some struggles and educational experiences, Hitz and his wife own and operate several businesses, and he's sharing his secrets in a book titled "The Ministry of Business: How Correct Principles Magnify Business Success."
"Looking back now ... I have often pondered the pathway we have traveled," Hitz said in the book's introduction. "This book is aimed at enhancing your entrepreneurial, career and other life pursuits ... The ultimate purpose of this book is to provide you, the reader, with hope and happiness."
The book, written with James W. Ritchie, was published as part of a leadership program called "Launching Leaders," developed in recent years in New Zealand and targeted at Mormon young single adults. Hitz and Ritchie, along with other entrepreneurs, created a program focused on assisting young adults to develop business careers. The 12-week course is built upon foundational life principles.
Hyrum W. Smith, co-founder and former CEO of FranklinCovey, wrote the foreword for the book.
"He (Hitz) wanted to outline the principles he felt most helpful in attaining the type of entrepreneurial and financial success he and Ginger (his wife) had achieved," Smith wrote. "The overarching claim of the book would be that through living correct moral and spiritual principles, anybody can attain personal, professional and financial success, independence and happiness."
For information on "The Ministry of Business" or "Launching Leaders," visit www.theministryofbusiness.com.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- 185th Semiannual General Conference talk...
- President Thomas S. Monson: 'Be an Example...
- Photos: LDS general conference Sunday morning...
- Unique LDS temple, high-rise apartment...
- President Russell M. Nelson: 'A Plea to My...
- Elders Rasband, Stevenson, Renlund sustained...
- In Saturday's General Conference sessions,...
- Defending the Faith: Did Joseph Smith... 46
- Elders Rasband, Stevenson, Renlund... 46
- Unique LDS family doctrine still drives... 32
- Unique LDS temple, high-rise apartment... 29
- 3 new LDS apostles will be 98th, 99th,... 27
- Pope meeting with Kim Davis sparks... 15
- In Saturday's General Conference... 15
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12