PRICE — An Air Force A-10 aircraft out of Arizona made an emergency landing at the Price Airport Wednesday.
One of the plane's engines reportedly went out, said Assistant Airport Manager Jennifer Jensen.
"Our airport was the closest with a long enough runaway," she said.
The pilot was able to land the aircraft without incident.
"He came in level, landed perfectly … pretty uneventful. It was a good landing," Jensen said. "Great end to a potentially bad situation."
Jensen said the airport will sometimes receive Blackhawk and Apache helicopters stopping for fuel, but an Air Force fighter jet landing there is extremely rare.
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- 20 years later, parents of missing Spanish...
- Midvale teen ran over mom with car after...
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Audit reveals flawed projections on Utah's...
- Body of woman found near hiking trail in...
- Price teen killed in Carbon County crash
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 90
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 23
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 19
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10