PRICE — An Air Force A-10 aircraft out of Arizona made an emergency landing at the Price Airport Wednesday.
One of the plane's engines reportedly went out, said Assistant Airport Manager Jennifer Jensen.
"Our airport was the closest with a long enough runaway," she said.
The pilot was able to land the aircraft without incident.
"He came in level, landed perfectly … pretty uneventful. It was a good landing," Jensen said. "Great end to a potentially bad situation."
Jensen said the airport will sometimes receive Blackhawk and Apache helicopters stopping for fuel, but an Air Force fighter jet landing there is extremely rare.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- A photographic look at how Days of '47 floats...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Supporters rally around breast-feeding... 73
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City... 17
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14