PRICE — An Air Force A-10 aircraft out of Arizona made an emergency landing at the Price Airport Wednesday.
One of the plane's engines reportedly went out, said Assistant Airport Manager Jennifer Jensen.
"Our airport was the closest with a long enough runaway," she said.
The pilot was able to land the aircraft without incident.
"He came in level, landed perfectly … pretty uneventful. It was a good landing," Jensen said. "Great end to a potentially bad situation."
Jensen said the airport will sometimes receive Blackhawk and Apache helicopters stopping for fuel, but an Air Force fighter jet landing there is extremely rare.
- Mom of Darrien Hunt being investigated in...
- Prison relocation process slows down
- Appeal of excommunicated LDS activist Kate...
- Clearfield pediatrician arrested in child...
- Man accused of shooting 72-year-old West...
- Strack family: Search warrants begin 'to...
- Utah families, researchers play role in...
- New poll shows Love, Owens race tightens;...
- Doug Owens ahead of Mia Love in new poll 59
- New poll shows Love, Owens race... 46
- State autopsy: Police shot Darrien Hunt... 34
- Officers say they shot Darrien Hunt out... 30
- Final debate between Mia Love and Doug... 27
- Prison relocation process slows down 27
- Mom of Darrien Hunt being investigated... 27
- Utah among lowest in nation in... 21