PRICE — An Air Force A-10 aircraft out of Arizona made an emergency landing at the Price Airport Wednesday.
One of the plane's engines reportedly went out, said Assistant Airport Manager Jennifer Jensen.
"Our airport was the closest with a long enough runaway," she said.
The pilot was able to land the aircraft without incident.
"He came in level, landed perfectly … pretty uneventful. It was a good landing," Jensen said. "Great end to a potentially bad situation."
Jensen said the airport will sometimes receive Blackhawk and Apache helicopters stopping for fuel, but an Air Force fighter jet landing there is extremely rare.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 72
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18