PRICE — An Air Force A-10 aircraft out of Arizona made an emergency landing at the Price Airport Wednesday.
One of the plane's engines reportedly went out, said Assistant Airport Manager Jennifer Jensen.
"Our airport was the closest with a long enough runaway," she said.
The pilot was able to land the aircraft without incident.
"He came in level, landed perfectly … pretty uneventful. It was a good landing," Jensen said. "Great end to a potentially bad situation."
Jensen said the airport will sometimes receive Blackhawk and Apache helicopters stopping for fuel, but an Air Force fighter jet landing there is extremely rare.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- President Obama to make first trip to... 114
- Obama expected to stay overnight in... 53
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 41
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 41
- School leaders look for solutions to... 26
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 23
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 15
- San Diego woman wins damages against... 15