PRICE — An Air Force A-10 aircraft out of Arizona made an emergency landing at the Price Airport Wednesday.
One of the plane's engines reportedly went out, said Assistant Airport Manager Jennifer Jensen.
"Our airport was the closest with a long enough runaway," she said.
The pilot was able to land the aircraft without incident.
"He came in level, landed perfectly … pretty uneventful. It was a good landing," Jensen said. "Great end to a potentially bad situation."
Jensen said the airport will sometimes receive Blackhawk and Apache helicopters stopping for fuel, but an Air Force fighter jet landing there is extremely rare.
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to...
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on GOP to...
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- 2 critically injured, 1 seriously injured,...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 38
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 22
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 17
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 14
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 13
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 10
- Sen. Mike Lee pushing for vote on USA... 9