SALT LAKE CITY — The city has appointed Michael Akerlow as its new director of Housing and Neighborhood Development.
Akerlow previously served as the deputy director of the division, which oversees a wide variety of programs that work to enhance the quality of life, affordability and sustainability of Salt Lake neighborhoods.
“Mike has proven his expertise in both his previous role in (the housing division) and a career steeped in development and housing issues,” said Mayor Ralph Becker. “He brings a great body of knowledge and experience to this leadership position.”
Akerlow has managed the city’s Business Revolving Loan Fund. He also oversaw the Capital Asset Management and Capital Improvements programs committed to revitalizing, strengthening and supporting Salt Lake communities.
Before joining the city, Akerlow was involved in real estate development, specializing in infill and mixed-use projects.
- Phone lines are open: Customers camp out for...
- Riverton Hospital expansion aims to meet...
- Yellen says US families need to boost savings
- Bus ads bringing thousands of dollars in revenue
- Burger King Japan's latest meal is the new black
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL concern
- Financial interventions don't work
- Stericycle critics: Shut it down now
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Financial interventions don't work 7
- Salt Lake City is now 'Ski City USA' in... 5
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- FedEx to add 50,000 seasonal jobs 2
- Where’s the app for an earthquake... 2