SALT LAKE CITY — The city has appointed Michael Akerlow as its new director of Housing and Neighborhood Development.
Akerlow previously served as the deputy director of the division, which oversees a wide variety of programs that work to enhance the quality of life, affordability and sustainability of Salt Lake neighborhoods.
“Mike has proven his expertise in both his previous role in (the housing division) and a career steeped in development and housing issues,” said Mayor Ralph Becker. “He brings a great body of knowledge and experience to this leadership position.”
Akerlow has managed the city’s Business Revolving Loan Fund. He also oversaw the Capital Asset Management and Capital Improvements programs committed to revitalizing, strengthening and supporting Salt Lake communities.
Before joining the city, Akerlow was involved in real estate development, specializing in infill and mixed-use projects.
- Salt Lake City is now 'Ski City USA' in new...
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching dollars...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Vail Resorts buys Park City Mountain Resort...
- 11 jobs that need women ... and men
- University of Utah entrepreneurship program...
- 4 financial follies of the millennial generation
- Retail sales are up since last month
- 11 jobs that need women ... and men 15
- Mega-resort could give boost to Park... 5
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- Salt Lake City is now 'Ski City USA' in... 3
- How employers can improve the nation's... 2
- San Diego cabbies cry foul over body... 1
- GM expert says 19 deaths eligible for... 1