SALT LAKE CITY — The city has appointed Michael Akerlow as its new director of Housing and Neighborhood Development.
Akerlow previously served as the deputy director of the division, which oversees a wide variety of programs that work to enhance the quality of life, affordability and sustainability of Salt Lake neighborhoods.
“Mike has proven his expertise in both his previous role in (the housing division) and a career steeped in development and housing issues,” said Mayor Ralph Becker. “He brings a great body of knowledge and experience to this leadership position.”
Akerlow has managed the city’s Business Revolving Loan Fund. He also oversaw the Capital Asset Management and Capital Improvements programs committed to revitalizing, strengthening and supporting Salt Lake communities.
Before joining the city, Akerlow was involved in real estate development, specializing in infill and mixed-use projects.
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- 3 tips for traveling cheaply
- Survey finds fewer women working now than in...
- Fox News blocked from Dish Network
- What people never mention when they talk...
- Survey says parents spend $532.87 a month to...
- California puzzles over safety of driverless...
- Amazon offers one-hour delivery in Manhattan...
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8
- US consumer prices fall in November 4
- Sony hack adds to security pressure on... 3
- What people never mention when they... 3
- About Utah: They're best in the world 3
- US current account deficit rises to... 1
- Incoming Senate Majority Leader Mitch... 1
- A look at North Korea's cyberwar... 1