SALT LAKE CITY — The city has appointed Michael Akerlow as its new director of Housing and Neighborhood Development.
Akerlow previously served as the deputy director of the division, which oversees a wide variety of programs that work to enhance the quality of life, affordability and sustainability of Salt Lake neighborhoods.
“Mike has proven his expertise in both his previous role in (the housing division) and a career steeped in development and housing issues,” said Mayor Ralph Becker. “He brings a great body of knowledge and experience to this leadership position.”
Akerlow has managed the city’s Business Revolving Loan Fund. He also oversaw the Capital Asset Management and Capital Improvements programs committed to revitalizing, strengthening and supporting Salt Lake communities.
Before joining the city, Akerlow was involved in real estate development, specializing in infill and mixed-use projects.
- An ex-Marine is fighting for her right to...
- The top 10 highest-paid female CEOs
- 1 number you should check each year to avoid...
- The key ingredient to a more fulfilling life
- Mountain Point Medical Center opens in Lehi
- Why the presidential candidate who won't win...
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after...
- Dave Ramsey says: Build your budget together
- An ex-Marine is fighting for her right... 21
- Derek B. Miller: Politics may end up... 17
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 14
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode... 13
- How strict should parents really be? 5
- More jobs are available, but new grads... 5
- Media CEOs are the highest-paid... 3
- Chobani founder and CEO Hamdi Ulukaya... 1