SALT LAKE CITY — The city has appointed Michael Akerlow as its new director of Housing and Neighborhood Development.
Akerlow previously served as the deputy director of the division, which oversees a wide variety of programs that work to enhance the quality of life, affordability and sustainability of Salt Lake neighborhoods.
“Mike has proven his expertise in both his previous role in (the housing division) and a career steeped in development and housing issues,” said Mayor Ralph Becker. “He brings a great body of knowledge and experience to this leadership position.”
Akerlow has managed the city’s Business Revolving Loan Fund. He also oversaw the Capital Asset Management and Capital Improvements programs committed to revitalizing, strengthening and supporting Salt Lake communities.
Before joining the city, Akerlow was involved in real estate development, specializing in infill and mixed-use projects.
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- David Muir takes over ABC's 'World News' from...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Insights from the Behavioral Science Guy: The...
- Dave Ramsey says: Pets and rental properties...
- Kennecott hopes project will change mountain...
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
- 10 jobs you can get right now
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Kennecott hopes project will change... 6
- State lawmaker calling for criminal... 5
- Applications for US unemployment aid... 4
- Feds eye stricter rules for railroad... 2
- Obama promoting economic gains as... 2
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152... 2
- No timeline announced yet for... 1