An energy savings and usage calculator allows you to compare savings from various light bulbs, with preferred brightness or lighting application options.
The online calculator is created by General Electric. When comparing bulbs you can select between Halogen, CFL or LED lights, as well as how many bulbs and what wattage is needed.
For someone that uses one Bright from the Start brand 15 watt bulb that replaces a 60 watt, it saves $5.42. The calculator also shows how many tons of carbon dioxide would be avoided annually and how many acres of trees it could save.
- The most expensive homes in Utah in 2014
- 12 ways to get the lowest mortgage refinance...
- How actress Blake Lively's family saves money...
- Why 'Shark Tank' investor Barbara Corcoran...
- In our opinion: Fear, intentions can result...
- 4 unexpected health risks of smartphone use
- There's more to Black Friday than getting a...
- 5 easy ways to make your money work for you
- Pope demands just distribution of... 6
- In our opinion: Fear, intentions can... 5
- Ford's new F-150 to get 26 mpg, tops... 4
- Gift Guide: 3 ways to watch streaming... 3
- Minivans do poorly in new crash tests 2
- When low-income housing is converted... 2
- 5 reasons not planning could help you... 1
- How are holiday shoppers spending their... 1