An energy savings and usage calculator allows you to compare savings from various light bulbs, with preferred brightness or lighting application options.
The online calculator is created by General Electric. When comparing bulbs you can select between Halogen, CFL or LED lights, as well as how many bulbs and what wattage is needed.
For someone that uses one Bright from the Start brand 15 watt bulb that replaces a 60 watt, it saves $5.42. The calculator also shows how many tons of carbon dioxide would be avoided annually and how many acres of trees it could save.
- The most popular jobs in America
- 9 things to never buy at yard sales
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- Obamacare may not be as expensive as we thought
- How to rear money-smart kids
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem could mean...
- Balancing act: French ban on after-hours...
- Which county in Utah has the least poverty?
- How much did President Obama donate to... 46
- The dangers of financially illiterate... 31
- Obamacare may not be as expensive as we... 27
- Balancing act: French ban on... 10
- U.S. 'tax freedom day' is 3 days later... 4
- College football, basketball athletes... 3
- What increasing rent costs mean for the... 3
- 9 things to never buy at yard sales 2