An energy savings and usage calculator allows you to compare savings from various light bulbs, with preferred brightness or lighting application options.
The online calculator is created by General Electric. When comparing bulbs you can select between Halogen, CFL or LED lights, as well as how many bulbs and what wattage is needed.
For someone that uses one Bright from the Start brand 15 watt bulb that replaces a 60 watt, it saves $5.42. The calculator also shows how many tons of carbon dioxide would be avoided annually and how many acres of trees it could save.
- Food-tech startups aim to replace eggs and...
- Dave Ramsey says: Put a temporary stop to...
- What do the new jobs numbers mean?
- The shift away from driving continues
- Most US workers unprepared to meet retirement...
- Insurance agents feeling left out of "Obamacare"
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care of mom...
- Black Friday's biggest sellers
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low 10
- Most US workers unprepared to meet... 8
- Insurance agents feeling left out of... 8
- Are extended warranties on gadgets... 7
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care... 5
- Food-tech startups aim to replace eggs... 3
- Sherry Young: Credit card debt can... 2
- 5 ways to prevent an unhappy retirement 2