An energy savings and usage calculator allows you to compare savings from various light bulbs, with preferred brightness or lighting application options.
The online calculator is created by General Electric. When comparing bulbs you can select between Halogen, CFL or LED lights, as well as how many bulbs and what wattage is needed.
For someone that uses one Bright from the Start brand 15 watt bulb that replaces a 60 watt, it saves $5.42. The calculator also shows how many tons of carbon dioxide would be avoided annually and how many acres of trees it could save.
- The most expensive homes in Utah in 2014
- Why you need to stop buying your kids so many...
- Gift Guide: 3 ways to watch streaming video...
- Ford's new F-150 to get 26 mpg, tops among...
- 5 reasons not planning could help you in the...
- Could Facebook at Work create more...
- 5 easy ways to make your money work for you
- Robots will replace 50% of today's...
- Japan slides into recession as tax hike... 14
- Robots will replace 50% of today's... 13
- Pope demands just distribution of... 9
- 15 organic fruits and veggies that... 7
- 'Red warning lights' flashing for... 5
- Millennials are quitting their jobs and... 5
- What's next for dead malls? 5
- Gift Guide: 3 ways to watch streaming... 3