An energy savings and usage calculator allows you to compare savings from various light bulbs, with preferred brightness or lighting application options.
The online calculator is created by General Electric. When comparing bulbs you can select between Halogen, CFL or LED lights, as well as how many bulbs and what wattage is needed.
For someone that uses one Bright from the Start brand 15 watt bulb that replaces a 60 watt, it saves $5.42. The calculator also shows how many tons of carbon dioxide would be avoided annually and how many acres of trees it could save.
- How expensive is your ego?
- Students using loans for easy money, not a...
- Beware: Tax season is scam season
- How will students pay for soaring debt? Tax...
- Nickel and dimed: How pennies and nickels are...
- For women, lower grades might mean more money
- Balancing act: Lunch breaks make for a tasty...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your time,...
- The disappearing 401(k) and inequality 20
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your... 16
- How will students pay for soaring debt?... 8
- Nickel and dimed: How pennies and... 4
- Randy Shumway: China is a vital... 4
- For women, lower grades might mean more... 2
- Survey: Cost a growing factor in... 1