An energy savings and usage calculator allows you to compare savings from various light bulbs, with preferred brightness or lighting application options.
The online calculator is created by General Electric. When comparing bulbs you can select between Halogen, CFL or LED lights, as well as how many bulbs and what wattage is needed.
For someone that uses one Bright from the Start brand 15 watt bulb that replaces a 60 watt, it saves $5.42. The calculator also shows how many tons of carbon dioxide would be avoided annually and how many acres of trees it could save.
- The most expensive homes in Utah in 2014
- How actress Blake Lively's family saves money...
- How are holiday shoppers spending their money...
- 5 easy ways to make your money work for you
- 4 unexpected health risks of smartphone use
- Why you need to stop buying your kids so many...
- Renovation Solutions: Four examples of how to...
- 5 reasons not planning could help you in the...
- Robots will replace 50% of today's... 13
- 15 organic fruits and veggies that... 7
- Pope demands just distribution of... 5
- What's next for dead malls? 5
- Gift Guide: 3 ways to watch streaming... 3
- Ford's new F-150 to get 26 mpg, tops... 3
- Minivans do poorly in new crash tests 2
- How faith and family helped one... 2