An energy savings and usage calculator allows you to compare savings from various light bulbs, with preferred brightness or lighting application options.
The online calculator is created by General Electric. When comparing bulbs you can select between Halogen, CFL or LED lights, as well as how many bulbs and what wattage is needed.
For someone that uses one Bright from the Start brand 15 watt bulb that replaces a 60 watt, it saves $5.42. The calculator also shows how many tons of carbon dioxide would be avoided annually and how many acres of trees it could save.
- Top 10 money mistakes new parents make
- How 'Shark Tank' investor Daymond John...
- How saving for retirement requires change in...
- The marriage between economic success and...
- 4 common winter house hazards and how to fix...
- Balancing act: Stress, burnout, mistakes top...
- The family is America's No. 1 priority when...
- Digital Savant: How to be a ghost (online)
- 3 reasons Utah is a great place for... 4
- Charity, it does a body good 3
- How one woman got rid of $20,000 in... 2
- Stocks mostly lower as oil sinks,... 2
- Smartphone data encryption causing... 2
- 5 questions to ask on the way to the ER 2
- This billionaire is going to die broke... 2
- The marriage between economic success... 2