An energy savings and usage calculator allows you to compare savings from various light bulbs, with preferred brightness or lighting application options.
The online calculator is created by General Electric. When comparing bulbs you can select between Halogen, CFL or LED lights, as well as how many bulbs and what wattage is needed.
For someone that uses one Bright from the Start brand 15 watt bulb that replaces a 60 watt, it saves $5.42. The calculator also shows how many tons of carbon dioxide would be avoided annually and how many acres of trees it could save.
- Top 50 companies to work for in Utah
- Clean up your finances by tossing paper,...
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on state...
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching dollars...
- The best (and worst) states when it comes to...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Utah job forecast better than most states
- The economy has begun to recover, but mostly...
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 25
- The economy has begun to recover, but... 24
- 11 jobs that need women ... and men 15
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 3
- Why separate bank accounts might help... 2
- How employers can improve the nation's... 2
- Roll Call’s 50 richest members of... 1
- Roll Call's 10 'poorest' members of... 1