Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
Even though there’s still snow on the ground in many parts of the state, high school baseball players are still anxiously gearing up for the start of the 2013 season, which officially begins March 5.
Of the state’s 95 baseball teams, 20 will be under the direction of new head coaches in 2013:
Class 5A: Jonnie Knoble (Brighton), Jason Turley (Lone Peak) Shad McCord (Northridge), Dan Shwan (West)
Class 4A: Brent Hubbard (Box Elder), Terry Harward (East), Alex Hansen (Mountain Crest), Justin Gustin (Orem), Travis Flint (Roy), Jim Patterson (Sky View), Rich Fry (Springville)
Class 3A: Sterling Harris (Ben Lomond), Eric Fieldsted (Cedar), Cory Webb (Delta), Kevin Bailey (Juab), Tony Mendez (Judge), Dan Christensen (North Sanpete), Brad Kidd (Payson)
Class 2A: Curt Heslington (Beaver), Brett Harrison (Parowan)
Below are links to complete schedules for all 100 high school baseball teams in Utah:
- Utah high schoolers who've reached the Super...
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- Utah Utes still pursuing several big-time...
- Former Utah Jazz guard Deron Williams had...
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around as...
- BYU basketball analysis: Why the Cougars...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke comes off...
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight road...
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 98
- BYU, Michigan State agree to... 88
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 61
- Dick Harmon: BYU continuing new policy... 54
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 51
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 36
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 27
- Masina, Gustin develop friendship that... 19