Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
Even though there’s still snow on the ground in many parts of the state, high school baseball players are still anxiously gearing up for the start of the 2013 season, which officially begins March 5.
Of the state’s 95 baseball teams, 20 will be under the direction of new head coaches in 2013:
Class 5A: Jonnie Knoble (Brighton), Jason Turley (Lone Peak) Shad McCord (Northridge), Dan Shwan (West)
Class 4A: Brent Hubbard (Box Elder), Terry Harward (East), Alex Hansen (Mountain Crest), Justin Gustin (Orem), Travis Flint (Roy), Jim Patterson (Sky View), Rich Fry (Springville)
Class 3A: Sterling Harris (Ben Lomond), Eric Fieldsted (Cedar), Cory Webb (Delta), Kevin Bailey (Juab), Tony Mendez (Judge), Dan Christensen (North Sanpete), Brad Kidd (Payson)
Class 2A: Curt Heslington (Beaver), Brett Harrison (Parowan)
Below are links to complete schedules for all 100 high school baseball teams in Utah:
- Duke's Jabari Parker faces tough stay-or-go...
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak...
- BYU basketball: Cougars leery of facing...
- Tournament central: 5A boys championship live...
- High school boys basketball: Pleasant Grove...
- High school boys basketball: Bountiful...
- Tournament central: 4A boys basketball live...
- 5A boys basketball championship preview and...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 83
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 56
- BYU baseball: BYU beats Utah, 20-3 46
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 43
- CougarLinks: BYU picked to win WCC... 28
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26
- Krystkowiak asks Runnin' Utes to stay... 23