Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
Even though there’s still snow on the ground in many parts of the state, high school baseball players are still anxiously gearing up for the start of the 2013 season, which officially begins March 5.
Of the state’s 95 baseball teams, 20 will be under the direction of new head coaches in 2013:
Class 5A: Jonnie Knoble (Brighton), Jason Turley (Lone Peak) Shad McCord (Northridge), Dan Shwan (West)
Class 4A: Brent Hubbard (Box Elder), Terry Harward (East), Alex Hansen (Mountain Crest), Justin Gustin (Orem), Travis Flint (Roy), Jim Patterson (Sky View), Rich Fry (Springville)
Class 3A: Sterling Harris (Ben Lomond), Eric Fieldsted (Cedar), Cory Webb (Delta), Kevin Bailey (Juab), Tony Mendez (Judge), Dan Christensen (North Sanpete), Brad Kidd (Payson)
Class 2A: Curt Heslington (Beaver), Brett Harrison (Parowan)
Below are links to complete schedules for all 100 high school baseball teams in Utah:
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- No. 18 BYU preparing for two Utah State...
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week, moves up...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 281
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 67
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 52
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 38
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- Dick Harmon: How will Utes slow down... 31
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 29