Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
Even though there’s still snow on the ground in many parts of the state, high school baseball players are still anxiously gearing up for the start of the 2013 season, which officially begins March 5.
Of the state’s 95 baseball teams, 20 will be under the direction of new head coaches in 2013:
Class 5A: Jonnie Knoble (Brighton), Jason Turley (Lone Peak) Shad McCord (Northridge), Dan Shwan (West)
Class 4A: Brent Hubbard (Box Elder), Terry Harward (East), Alex Hansen (Mountain Crest), Justin Gustin (Orem), Travis Flint (Roy), Jim Patterson (Sky View), Rich Fry (Springville)
Class 3A: Sterling Harris (Ben Lomond), Eric Fieldsted (Cedar), Cory Webb (Delta), Kevin Bailey (Juab), Tony Mendez (Judge), Dan Christensen (North Sanpete), Brad Kidd (Payson)
Class 2A: Curt Heslington (Beaver), Brett Harrison (Parowan)
Below are links to complete schedules for all 100 high school baseball teams in Utah:
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Utes continue Pac-12 'meat grinder' with...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25