Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
Even though there’s still snow on the ground in many parts of the state, high school baseball players are still anxiously gearing up for the start of the 2013 season, which officially begins March 5.
Of the state’s 95 baseball teams, 20 will be under the direction of new head coaches in 2013:
Class 5A: Jonnie Knoble (Brighton), Jason Turley (Lone Peak) Shad McCord (Northridge), Dan Shwan (West)
Class 4A: Brent Hubbard (Box Elder), Terry Harward (East), Alex Hansen (Mountain Crest), Justin Gustin (Orem), Travis Flint (Roy), Jim Patterson (Sky View), Rich Fry (Springville)
Class 3A: Sterling Harris (Ben Lomond), Eric Fieldsted (Cedar), Cory Webb (Delta), Kevin Bailey (Juab), Tony Mendez (Judge), Dan Christensen (North Sanpete), Brad Kidd (Payson)
Class 2A: Curt Heslington (Beaver), Brett Harrison (Parowan)
Below are links to complete schedules for all 100 high school baseball teams in Utah:
- BYU football: Cougars must secure their own...
- Commentary: The 15 kings of BYU football, the...
- Utah Jazz: Massive, state-of-the-art...
- University of Utah 'restructures' athletic...
- Dick Harmon: Bronco Mendenhall and Cecil O....
- High School Football: Wasatch Mountain Air 7...
- Basketball bonds: Gordon Hayward's father has...
- Dick Harmon: Hope is a real thing for BYU...
- BYU football: Cougars must secure their... 96
- NBA fans attack 11-year-old's national... 36
- Phil Steele ranks USU 2nd-most... 26
- Teen's family apologizes to family of... 20
- Austin Collie's workout with San... 18
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Unprecedented... 18
- Trevor Reilly, Jake Murphy to represent... 14
- Brad Rock: USU coach Matt Wells has... 11