Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
Even though there’s still snow on the ground in many parts of the state, high school baseball players are still anxiously gearing up for the start of the 2013 season, which officially begins March 5.
Of the state’s 95 baseball teams, 20 will be under the direction of new head coaches in 2013:
Class 5A: Jonnie Knoble (Brighton), Jason Turley (Lone Peak) Shad McCord (Northridge), Dan Shwan (West)
Class 4A: Brent Hubbard (Box Elder), Terry Harward (East), Alex Hansen (Mountain Crest), Justin Gustin (Orem), Travis Flint (Roy), Jim Patterson (Sky View), Rich Fry (Springville)
Class 3A: Sterling Harris (Ben Lomond), Eric Fieldsted (Cedar), Cory Webb (Delta), Kevin Bailey (Juab), Tony Mendez (Judge), Dan Christensen (North Sanpete), Brad Kidd (Payson)
Class 2A: Curt Heslington (Beaver), Brett Harrison (Parowan)
Below are links to complete schedules for all 100 high school baseball teams in Utah:
- For his brothers: American Fork family with 4...
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior season
- Jabari Parker posts photo of himself with LDS...
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars past...
- Felt's Facts, championship edition: Breaking...
- Return to Utah allows Southern Virginia...
- Dick Harmon: Hard-hitting safety Craig Bills...
- Former BYU star Russell Larson enjoys...
- Dick Harmon: Outwardly lobbying Big 12... 134
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 85
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- Utah Utes football: No. 23 Utes defeat... 52
- BYU to welcome FCS team Savannah State... 39
- Utes still have outside chance at... 26
- Brady Poppinga: From an early age I... 24
- Utah moves up to No. 20/21 after... 22