Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
Even though there’s still snow on the ground in many parts of the state, high school baseball players are still anxiously gearing up for the start of the 2013 season, which officially begins March 5.
Of the state’s 95 baseball teams, 20 will be under the direction of new head coaches in 2013:
Class 5A: Jonnie Knoble (Brighton), Jason Turley (Lone Peak) Shad McCord (Northridge), Dan Shwan (West)
Class 4A: Brent Hubbard (Box Elder), Terry Harward (East), Alex Hansen (Mountain Crest), Justin Gustin (Orem), Travis Flint (Roy), Jim Patterson (Sky View), Rich Fry (Springville)
Class 3A: Sterling Harris (Ben Lomond), Eric Fieldsted (Cedar), Cory Webb (Delta), Kevin Bailey (Juab), Tony Mendez (Judge), Dan Christensen (North Sanpete), Brad Kidd (Payson)
Class 2A: Curt Heslington (Beaver), Brett Harrison (Parowan)
Below are links to complete schedules for all 100 high school baseball teams in Utah:
- With Boston out, another Salt Lake Olympics...
- Lindon father of five sets world record in...
- Brad Rock: Faith helped infamous former MLB...
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes' most...
- Morning links: Utah is on the rise in the...
- BYU looking for another defensive turnaround...
- Family man: Former Ute, NFL standout Sione...
- Amy Donaldson: James Lawrence had to do...
- Phil Steele gives tempered assessment... 68
- Morning links: Utah is on the rise in... 68
- Analysis: Can Jimmer Fredette resurrect... 46
- BYU looking for another defensive... 33
- Utah Utes backup quarterback Donovan... 26
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 19
- Kincade: Poor shooting, signings have... 11
- Family man: Former Ute, NFL standout... 10