UVU softball: Kylee Brinkerhoff wins PCSC player of the week
PORTLAND — After a consistent string of solid performances through a tough stretch of games at the Easton Desert Classic in Las Vegas last weekend, Utah Valley University leftfielder Kylee Brinkerhoff has been named the Pacific Coast Softball Conference's Player of the Week. The award was announced Tuesday by the league office.
A senior out of Spanish Fork, Utah, Brinkerhoff went 8-for-18 as the Wolverines squared off with three ranked opponents in last weekend's action.
Brinkerhoff went a combined 4-for-9 with two RBIs in UVU's three games against No. 7 Oregon, No. 9 California and No. 20 Hawai'i. She opened the weekend with a 2-for-3 performance, including a triple, against the Ducks helping up her season batting average to .343.
In the Wolverines' 4-1 over San Jose State, Brinkerhoff had a home run and a double — the first of her two, multi-hit games during the invitational.
With a hit in all five contests over the weekend, Brinkerhoff is now riding a six-game hitting streak.
Claiming the PCSC's Pitcher of the Week honor was Lujane Mussadi of St. Mary's. The freshman tossed a complete-game shutout to help the Gaels to a 2-0 win over Sacramento State.
Other notable performances from around the league include: Sara Lira, a sophomore infielder from St. Mary's who hit two homers over the weekend; Katie Manuma, BYU's junior first baseman who posted six RBIs; and Danielle Mavridis, who batted .375 with a home run and five RBIs for San Diego.
The UVU softball team is off until March 5 when it hosts Utah in the home opener at Wolverine Field.
Kellen Hiser is sports information assistant at Utah Valley University. For more information on Wolverine athletics, visit WolverineGreen.com.
- Big 12 commissioner: Some in league feel...
- Former Cardinals exec sentenced to 4 years in...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 122
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 67
- Morning links: National college... 65
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12... 60
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 48
- Annual instate college basketball... 37