Today in the Bloggernacle: Free family history training and incredible temple photo
Free training: Did you know that there is “Free Family History Consultant Training” offered at RootsTech? It’s true. Renee explains: “RootsTech is a national family history and technology conference hosted by Familysearch.org. During RootsTech, free training classes are provided to members of the church to help them fulfill their calling in the work of salvation. Greater focus on family history and performing the work for our own dead in the temple helps strengthen family relationships, inspires reactivation and provides missionary opportunities.” So if you have a family history calling, or just an itch to do some family history, be sure to click in to find out more.
Church ball: Did you know some stakes of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints still hold a “Gold and Green Ball”? I didn’t, and I loved reading through this post about the preparation and then success of one such 2013 version of this historic activity: “We turned on the sparkling stars on the walls and the ceiling and were ready for a magical evening — a royal ball befitting even Cinderella. Both young and old ooohed and aaahed when they entered dance floor.” Click in for photos!
Temple balloon: In a scene reminiscent of the 2009 Disney movie “Up,” a hot air balloon got an up close look at the Gilbert Arizona Temple’s Angel Moroni. Isn’t this just one of the coolest Mormon temple photos ever shot? Amazing!
Printable quote: Need a quick printable for a lesson, a gift or a pick-me-up for someone you love? Check out this one taken from LDS Church President Thomas S. Monson’s October 2012 “Consider the Blessings” general conference address: “I testify that much of that joy comes as we recognize that we can communicate with our Heavenly Father through prayer and that those prayers will be heard and answered — perhaps not how and when we expected they would be answered, but they will be answered and by a Heavenly Father who knows and loves us perfectly and who desires our happiness.” Click. Download. Print. Give.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- New friends plan to work together to defend...
- 'Attitude of gratitude': 25 quotes from LDS...
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high hopes...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat 106
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 37
- Defending the Faith: A note on the... 35
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high... 34
- New friends plan to work together to... 24
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 17
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 17
- 5 reasons why we want to believe Jesus... 14