BYU swimming: Cougar teams prepare for MPSF Conference Championships
PROVO, Utah — The BYU men's and women's swimming and diving teams look to repeat as champions in the MPSF Championships this weekend, Wednesday through Saturday. The swimming championships will take place at East Los Angeles College in Monterey Park, Calif., and the diving championships will take place at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colo.
The men won the championship last year with a score of 625, beating second place UNLV (603.5) and Wyoming (556). The women won with a score of 732 with UC Santa Barbara finishing in second and University of California Davis coming in at third place.
Preston Jenkins carries the second-ranked conference time this year in the 100 back (47.86) and the 200 back (1:44.32), both NCAA 'B cuts. Nicholas Suder holds the top score for the men's three-meter (355.55) in the MPSF.
Hailey Campbell has the second fastest time in the 100 back ('B cut 1:04.75). Campbell currently is the championship meet record holder in both the 100 back (53.47) and the 200 back (1:55.46). Diver Dayna Christensen holds both the one-meter and three-meter record in the MPSF, and has the top score for the three-meter this season (340.65).
Multiple relay teams hold the second-fastest times for the men and the women.
Returning MPSF Conference Champions:
Hailey Campbell: 100 back (53.47) and 200 back (1:55.46)
Garret Beaman: 100 free (44.34)
Dayna Christensen: one-meter and three-meter
Raleigh Williams Taylor: platform
David Armstrong: 100 fly (47.86 and conference record)
Jared Houghton is a Sports Information Director who works in the BYU Athletic Communications with the men's and women's swimming teams. He can be reached at email@example.com for questions relating to swimming.
- Phil Mickelson to forfeit nearly $1 million...
- Perfect 10: Cavs stay unbeaten in postseason,...
- AP source: Lincecum completes $2.5 million...
- RSL's Kyle Beckerman named to USMNT's Copa...
- Exaggerator finally beats Nyquist, wins...
- DeRozan, Raptors end Cavaliers' streak with...
- 20 years ago: Utah Jazz drop heartbreaker to...
- 2 Indian climbers missing on Mount Everest...
- Morning links: Tanner Mangum an... 51
- Utah basketball adds Czech big man... 41
- Softball: Utah advances to regional... 31
- Utah defensive lineman reportedly... 22
- Utah softball beats Kentucky, 5-3, to... 16
- Kyle Collinsworth to work out for... 8
- Utah Jazz continue process of finding... 7
- Video: 100 days until college football... 7