SALT LAKE CITY — It’s been a hard three-and-a-half weeks for Gordon Hayward.
After missing only a handful of games in his entire life, Hayward has had to sit out the last 10 games with a shoulder injury he sustained in the closing minutes of a win over Indiana.
However, Hayward expects to be back on the court Tuesday night when the Utah Jazz take on the Golden State Warriors at EnergySolutions Arena.
“It seems like forever, but I’ll be ready to go,’’ he said after Tuesday’s shootaround.
The third-year payer out of Butler was a full participant in the shootaround after practicing the night before at the Jazz’s practice facility.
“It's good to be back on the court so we’ll see how it feels later tonight,’’ Hayward said. “It was pretty much back to normal. Timing was off just a little bit, but I think it will be fine. I’m anxious and ready to go.’’
Hayward’s teammate Al Jefferson said Hayward “looked real good” and that “his shoulder wasn’t bothering him at all.’’
Before his injury against Indiana, Hayward said he had only missed a couple of games his rookie season, one in college and none before that.
“I’ve never had this before — that’s why it’s been more difficult and frustrating,’’ he said. “It’s been real tough. You feel kind of isolated and away from the team a little bit. You can’t really help them out and you just have to watch. It’s more tough mentally than physically.’’
Paul Millsap said, “We’re excited to get Gordon back. He still needs to get in game shape, but he’ll be ready to go.’’
Hayward said he'll wear a padded shirt and he didn't know how limited his minutes would be.
NOTHING NEW ON LOWE: There was no new news about Jazz assistant Sidney Lowe, who was arrested in North Carolina on Monday for failure to play income taxes for three years.
While the rest of the assistant coaches walked right past the media on their way to the locker room after Tuesday’s shootaround, Lowe avoided the area as he walked from the court.
Jazz spokesman Jonathan Rinehart said the Jazz would have no comment on the situation and that Lowe would not be available to talk.
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie re-signs...
- Commentary: Long-term success in independence...
- Former Cougar star Jackson Emery shares...
- 2014 NBA draft tracker: An ongoing look at...
- Illuminating: Utah Olympic gold medalist...
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass, Cougars'...
- High school boys basketball: Underdogs shine...
- Brad Rock: Zealous RSL fans 'Goin' Coconuts'...
- Mike Sorensen: Despite disappointing... 194
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 102
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 60
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 55
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 51
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: USC taps BYU experience... 45