SANDY — Parents of Canyons School District students can nominate their child's teacher as their respective school's Teacher of the Year. The district honors teachers at each of its schools.
Nomination forms are available at the district website, www.canyonsdistrict.org. Criteria for the form include how the teacher shows that students are making progress, supports the Canyons District vision and goals, and exhibits leadership skills and efforts to promote collaboration, student engagement, and community and family involvement.
Parents can then print and submit the form to the school's PTA leaders, and school employees can submit it to the principal by March 1.
Each school's winner will be announced at school celebrations on March 22
The winning teachers will receive prizes and recognitions at an April 16 Canyons Board of Education Reception and Honors Ceremony, and at halftime at the May 4 Real Salt Lake game. The teachers also will have a chance to be selected as the Canyons School District Teacher of the Year and be nominated for the State Teacher of the Year award.
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- 'Princess' power: BYU to present stage...
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- Photos: Thrill seekers take on stunt-filled 5K
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 14
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13