SANDY — Parents of Canyons School District students can nominate their child's teacher as their respective school's Teacher of the Year. The district honors teachers at each of its schools.
Nomination forms are available at the district website, www.canyonsdistrict.org. Criteria for the form include how the teacher shows that students are making progress, supports the Canyons District vision and goals, and exhibits leadership skills and efforts to promote collaboration, student engagement, and community and family involvement.
Parents can then print and submit the form to the school's PTA leaders, and school employees can submit it to the principal by March 1.
Each school's winner will be announced at school celebrations on March 22
The winning teachers will receive prizes and recognitions at an April 16 Canyons Board of Education Reception and Honors Ceremony, and at halftime at the May 4 Real Salt Lake game. The teachers also will have a chance to be selected as the Canyons School District Teacher of the Year and be nominated for the State Teacher of the Year award.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held on $6...
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove garage;...
- Utahns stay out late to see lunar eclipse
- Southern Utah left wanting for water
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 54
- Police nab man suspected of gropings at... 31
- Will Josh Powell's family argue he... 28
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23
- Lawmakers to BLM: Sending seized Nevada... 22