SANDY — Parents of Canyons School District students can nominate their child's teacher as their respective school's Teacher of the Year. The district honors teachers at each of its schools.
Nomination forms are available at the district website, www.canyonsdistrict.org. Criteria for the form include how the teacher shows that students are making progress, supports the Canyons District vision and goals, and exhibits leadership skills and efforts to promote collaboration, student engagement, and community and family involvement.
Parents can then print and submit the form to the school's PTA leaders, and school employees can submit it to the principal by March 1.
Each school's winner will be announced at school celebrations on March 22
The winning teachers will receive prizes and recognitions at an April 16 Canyons Board of Education Reception and Honors Ceremony, and at halftime at the May 4 Real Salt Lake game. The teachers also will have a chance to be selected as the Canyons School District Teacher of the Year and be nominated for the State Teacher of the Year award.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Fight Like Girls group helps women battle...
- Millcreek mayor hopeful diagnosed with...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 65
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 36
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 16