SANDY — Parents of Canyons School District students can nominate their child's teacher as their respective school's Teacher of the Year. The district honors teachers at each of its schools.
Nomination forms are available at the district website, www.canyonsdistrict.org. Criteria for the form include how the teacher shows that students are making progress, supports the Canyons District vision and goals, and exhibits leadership skills and efforts to promote collaboration, student engagement, and community and family involvement.
Parents can then print and submit the form to the school's PTA leaders, and school employees can submit it to the principal by March 1.
Each school's winner will be announced at school celebrations on March 22
The winning teachers will receive prizes and recognitions at an April 16 Canyons Board of Education Reception and Honors Ceremony, and at halftime at the May 4 Real Salt Lake game. The teachers also will have a chance to be selected as the Canyons School District Teacher of the Year and be nominated for the State Teacher of the Year award.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- About Utah: Pedal power at the market
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 15
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 11