SANDY — Parents of Canyons School District students can nominate their child's teacher as their respective school's Teacher of the Year. The district honors teachers at each of its schools.
Nomination forms are available at the district website, www.canyonsdistrict.org. Criteria for the form include how the teacher shows that students are making progress, supports the Canyons District vision and goals, and exhibits leadership skills and efforts to promote collaboration, student engagement, and community and family involvement.
Parents can then print and submit the form to the school's PTA leaders, and school employees can submit it to the principal by March 1.
Each school's winner will be announced at school celebrations on March 22
The winning teachers will receive prizes and recognitions at an April 16 Canyons Board of Education Reception and Honors Ceremony, and at halftime at the May 4 Real Salt Lake game. The teachers also will have a chance to be selected as the Canyons School District Teacher of the Year and be nominated for the State Teacher of the Year award.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle...
- Zion's Hidden Canyon Trail to close for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 97
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9