Man wanted for questioning in St. George killing arrested in California
ST. GEORGE — California police arrested Mario Alfonso Lucero Monday morning after discovering he was wanted for questioning in connection with a deadly assault on a St. George resident.
Lucero, 31, was found in Pico Rivera, just east of Los Angeles. Police identified him after responding to complaints that he was banging on hotel doors and asking to be let inside.
St. George resident Jeramy Shawn Olsen, 31, died Sunday from head injuries sustained in an altercation the day before. Lucero was being held for questioning about the incident. Police issued a warrant for his arrest Saturday following the attack, citing aggravated assault and violation of his parole. Police considered Lucero to be armed and dangerous and suspect him of gang activity.
“It was just a matter of checking a person’s information in the database … to see if they’re wanted (in) the United States,” St. George Police Sgt. Jeff Bahlmann said. “It’s always comforting to know that he’s not out there able to harm anyone else.”
Police believe there may be other individuals relevant to the case. Anyone with information about this investigation is asked to call the St. George Police Department, 435-627-4300.
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14