Man wanted for questioning in St. George killing arrested in California
ST. GEORGE — California police arrested Mario Alfonso Lucero Monday morning after discovering he was wanted for questioning in connection with a deadly assault on a St. George resident.
Lucero, 31, was found in Pico Rivera, just east of Los Angeles. Police identified him after responding to complaints that he was banging on hotel doors and asking to be let inside.
St. George resident Jeramy Shawn Olsen, 31, died Sunday from head injuries sustained in an altercation the day before. Lucero was being held for questioning about the incident. Police issued a warrant for his arrest Saturday following the attack, citing aggravated assault and violation of his parole. Police considered Lucero to be armed and dangerous and suspect him of gang activity.
“It was just a matter of checking a person’s information in the database … to see if they’re wanted (in) the United States,” St. George Police Sgt. Jeff Bahlmann said. “It’s always comforting to know that he’s not out there able to harm anyone else.”
Police believe there may be other individuals relevant to the case. Anyone with information about this investigation is asked to call the St. George Police Department, 435-627-4300.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Ann Romney on likability, Hillary Clinton, MS...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 21
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15