It’s true that in your own business there are no ready-made brands or support staff, but there is much outside support. Work with the Small Business Development Centers in your local area and the many other ventures designed to support entrepreneurs. For example, my own company, Grow America, is designed to create jobs by supporting entrepreneurs with a little extra cash and a lot of mentoring. Incubators, investors and industry associations can provide help in areas you lack expertise and also connect you to resources designed to help you grow.
Don’t worry if you haven’t come up with your big idea yet. But do get started on your dream of becoming your own boss today. Play to your strengths as you gain experience in all the areas of owning a business. I wish you success as you follow your heart. As always you can reach me via my personal website at www.AlanEHall.com or on Twitter via @AskAlanEHall. You can reach Grow America on Twitter at @GrowAmerica as well.
Alan E. Hall is a co-founding managing director of Mercato Partners, a regionally focused growth capital investment firm. He founded Grow Utah Ventures, is the founder of MarketStar Corp. and is chairman of the Utah Technology Council.
- System failure to blame for delayed Saturday...
- 3,000 Workforce Services clients may be...
- 5 trends beneath the surface of Nov. jobs report
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low
- Cedar Hills to require business licenses for...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage...
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 31
- Obama declares health care law is... 21
- Intermountain Healthcare offering... 15
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low 10
- Obama to feds: Boost renewable power 20... 6
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view... 4
- Cedar Hills to require business... 4