What to watch for: 7 Utah college football stars descend on Indianapolis for 2013 NFL scouting combine
Tom Smart, Deseret News
Audition day is nearly here for hundreds of prospective NFL employees.
The NFL's annual scouting combine in Indianapolis will allow many of this year's draft prospects to showcase their skills with scouts and top team executives watching.
On-field drills begin Saturday and run through next Tuesday.
This year, seven guys who played for Utah schools will be headed to Indiana, hoping to improve their NFL draft stock. Of those seven, there are two each from Utah, BYU and Utah State, and another from Southern Utah.
Two of them, the Utes' Star Lotulelei and the Cougars' Ezekiel Ansah, are being predicted as first-round draft picks and will try and prove they are worth top-end draft money.
The other five include Utah's Joe Kruger, Utah State's Will Davis and Kerwynn Williams, Southern Utah's Brad Sorensen and BYU's Braden Brown. All of them will be trying to improve their draft statuses and make positive impressions on NFL teams.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- 2015 Heisman Trophy tracker, preseason...
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Aug. 28
- BYU football: With opener one week away,...
- Friday night lights: Live coverage of the...
- BYU basketball: What we learned from 4 games...
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU best-case,...
- Video: BYU commit Jaren Hall lifts Maple...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 78
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 61
- BYU football: Lone Peak's Jackson... 31
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 28
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 27
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 25
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 24