What to watch for: 7 Utah college football stars descend on Indianapolis for 2013 NFL scouting combine
Tom Smart, Deseret News
Audition day is nearly here for hundreds of prospective NFL employees.
The NFL's annual scouting combine in Indianapolis will allow many of this year's draft prospects to showcase their skills with scouts and top team executives watching.
On-field drills begin Saturday and run through next Tuesday.
This year, seven guys who played for Utah schools will be headed to Indiana, hoping to improve their NFL draft stock. Of those seven, there are two each from Utah, BYU and Utah State, and another from Southern Utah.
Two of them, the Utes' Star Lotulelei and the Cougars' Ezekiel Ansah, are being predicted as first-round draft picks and will try and prove they are worth top-end draft money.
The other five include Utah's Joe Kruger, Utah State's Will Davis and Kerwynn Williams, Southern Utah's Brad Sorensen and BYU's Braden Brown. All of them will be trying to improve their draft statuses and make positive impressions on NFL teams.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes outlast weather delay en route to 26-10...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Friday night lights central, week 5: Scores,...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33