St. George police search for man suspected in weekend death
ST. GEORGE — Police are searching for a man wanted in an alleged assault that has now ended in the death of another man.
Jeramy Shawn Olsen, 31, died Sunday while being treated at University Medical Center in Las Vegas. He was flown there Saturday after receiving critical head injuries during an altercation with another 31-year-old man, according to St. George Police Capt. Kyle Whitehead.
A alleged gang member, Mario Alfonso Lucero, 31, is wanted for questioning related to the incident. Lucero is believed by police to be armed and dangerous and has ties to the Utah communities of St. George, Washington, Ivins and Hurricane, as well as others in New Mexico, Mesquite, Nev., and southern California.
A warrant has been issued for Lucero's arrest. Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to call St. George police at 435-627-4300.
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- 'Princess' power: BYU to present stage...
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- Photos: Thrill seekers take on stunt-filled 5K
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 14
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13