St. George police search for man suspected in weekend death
ST. GEORGE — Police are searching for a man wanted in an alleged assault that has now ended in the death of another man.
Jeramy Shawn Olsen, 31, died Sunday while being treated at University Medical Center in Las Vegas. He was flown there Saturday after receiving critical head injuries during an altercation with another 31-year-old man, according to St. George Police Capt. Kyle Whitehead.
A alleged gang member, Mario Alfonso Lucero, 31, is wanted for questioning related to the incident. Lucero is believed by police to be armed and dangerous and has ties to the Utah communities of St. George, Washington, Ivins and Hurricane, as well as others in New Mexico, Mesquite, Nev., and southern California.
A warrant has been issued for Lucero's arrest. Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to call St. George police at 435-627-4300.
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- Redefining college: How associate degrees...
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- Q and A: The business of being Moab
- Job A Day program gives homeless people...
- Osmond to run 250 miles to help kids get...
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 26
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 23
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Drug Enforcement... 15
- Second student sues district over... 14