St. George police search for man suspected in weekend death
ST. GEORGE — Police are searching for a man wanted in an alleged assault that has now ended in the death of another man.
Jeramy Shawn Olsen, 31, died Sunday while being treated at University Medical Center in Las Vegas. He was flown there Saturday after receiving critical head injuries during an altercation with another 31-year-old man, according to St. George Police Capt. Kyle Whitehead.
A alleged gang member, Mario Alfonso Lucero, 31, is wanted for questioning related to the incident. Lucero is believed by police to be armed and dangerous and has ties to the Utah communities of St. George, Washington, Ivins and Hurricane, as well as others in New Mexico, Mesquite, Nev., and southern California.
A warrant has been issued for Lucero's arrest. Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to call St. George police at 435-627-4300.
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Samuelson honored as 5,648 graduate from BYU
- Unwarranted drug database search prompts new...
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14