St. George police search for man suspected in weekend death
ST. GEORGE — Police are searching for a man wanted in an alleged assault that has now ended in the death of another man.
Jeramy Shawn Olsen, 31, died Sunday while being treated at University Medical Center in Las Vegas. He was flown there Saturday after receiving critical head injuries during an altercation with another 31-year-old man, according to St. George Police Capt. Kyle Whitehead.
A alleged gang member, Mario Alfonso Lucero, 31, is wanted for questioning related to the incident. Lucero is believed by police to be armed and dangerous and has ties to the Utah communities of St. George, Washington, Ivins and Hurricane, as well as others in New Mexico, Mesquite, Nev., and southern California.
A warrant has been issued for Lucero's arrest. Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to call St. George police at 435-627-4300.
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15