St. George police search for man suspected in weekend death
ST. GEORGE — Police are searching for a man wanted in an alleged assault that has now ended in the death of another man.
Jeramy Shawn Olsen, 31, died Sunday while being treated at University Medical Center in Las Vegas. He was flown there Saturday after receiving critical head injuries during an altercation with another 31-year-old man, according to St. George Police Capt. Kyle Whitehead.
A alleged gang member, Mario Alfonso Lucero, 31, is wanted for questioning related to the incident. Lucero is believed by police to be armed and dangerous and has ties to the Utah communities of St. George, Washington, Ivins and Hurricane, as well as others in New Mexico, Mesquite, Nev., and southern California.
A warrant has been issued for Lucero's arrest. Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to call St. George police at 435-627-4300.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'None of it matters': Family grateful after...
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14