When Beck visited the American Dream Labs in Lehi last week, it was his first time experiencing the unique ambiance McPherson had conjured in an industrial-park warehouse space by combining elements both informal (arcade-style video game consoles and large sectional couches) and sophisticated (a fancy chandelier, as well as a menagerie of unpainted metal props fastened to the walls in such a way that collectively convey a “retro military” theme).
“I hire good people, and I try to surround myself with good people, to where I can have an idea but then they can take it and push it further,” Beck said. “I said to Ben, ‘We need to build a Dream Labs, and I want it to be a real creative space that reflects me and what we are.’ And this is the first time I’ve seen it. And this is his vision. Today my father-in-law walked in here and said, ‘It’s amazing the way your mind works.’ And I said, ‘Dad, I had nothing to do with this. This is Ben.’ ”
Glenn Beck’s “Man in the Moon” will play July 6 at 7 p.m. at USANA Amphitheater. Tickets go on sale at 9 a.m. Tuesday; prices range from $1,250 for the “Gold VIP Package” to $35 for lawn seating. For more information, visit GlennBeck.com/maninthemoon.
Jamshid Ghazi Askar is a graduate of BYU's J. Reuben Clark Law School and member of the Utah State Bar. Contact him at email@example.com or 801-236-6051.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held on $6...
- Southern Utah left wanting for water
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove garage;...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 87
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- Police nab man suspected of gropings at... 31
- Will Josh Powell's family argue he... 28
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 27
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24