Utah Utes basketball: Former Jazzman calling games for Pac-12 Networks
SALT LAKE CITY — Former Utah Jazz guard Brevin Knight was back in town Sunday, providing analysis of the Utah-Arizona game for the Pac-12 Network.
Knight, a Stanford graduate who played for the Jazz in 2008-09, is glad the Utes are now in the conference.
“I think it’s good for Pac-12 basketball,” Knight said. “This is still a basketball city.”
Given the success of the Jazz over the years and the Utes’ history, Knight added that it’s nothing but a positive for the conference.
“I think it’s a great move for the league, a great move for the university.”
Knight also likes what he’s seeing on the court.
“Coach (Larry) Krystkowiak has done a good job with recruiting and getting this team to play hard,” he said. “They’re one of the best defensive teams in the country — not just the Pac-12.”
Although his full-time job is working Memphis Grizzlies broadcasts for Fox Sports Tennessee, Knight is enjoying getting back to places like his alma mater and other college venues to cover games.
“I love it. It’s good to see where these teams are going to — teams that I had big battles against, arenas that I liked to go to and play and hear those crowds,” Knight said.
Knight played in the NBA for 12 seasons and currently resides in Charlotte, N.C.
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk (ahem,...
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor Harding...
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State all...
- Utah Utes football: Ranking the best players...
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th in...
- One mistake turned Utah native and Yankees...
- Doug Robinson: Former SLC engineer gets paid...
- High school football: Weber Warriors 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 81
- Phil Steele gives tempered assessment... 77
- Morning links: Utah is on the rise in... 74
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 67
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 49
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 39
- BYU looking for another defensive... 33
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33