SALT LAKE CITY — Former Utah Jazz guard Brevin Knight was back in town Sunday, providing analysis of the Utah-Arizona game for the Pac-12 Network.
Knight, a Stanford graduate who played for the Jazz in 2008-09, is glad the Utes are now in the conference.
“I think it’s good for Pac-12 basketball,” Knight said. “This is still a basketball city.”
Given the success of the Jazz over the years and the Utes’ history, Knight added that it’s nothing but a positive for the conference.
“I think it’s a great move for the league, a great move for the university.”
Knight also likes what he’s seeing on the court.
“Coach (Larry) Krystkowiak has done a good job with recruiting and getting this team to play hard,” he said. “They’re one of the best defensive teams in the country — not just the Pac-12.”
Although his full-time job is working Memphis Grizzlies broadcasts for Fox Sports Tennessee, Knight is enjoying getting back to places like his alma mater and other college venues to cover games.
“I love it. It’s good to see where these teams are going to — teams that I had big battles against, arenas that I liked to go to and play and hear those crowds,” Knight said.
Knight played in the NBA for 12 seasons and currently resides in Charlotte, N.C.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27