6 arrested in large vandalism spree
Group allegedly hit more than 100 places across three cities
West Valley police
KEARNS — Two adults and four juveniles were arrested Saturday after police say they went on a destructive vandalism spree across three cities.
The group is believed to have shot out car or house windows of more than 100 residents over a 20-square mile area in Kearns, West Valley City and West Jordan, causing an estimated $40,000 to $50,000 in damage.
Police started receiving the first vandalism call about 10:30 p.m. Friday. The group was eventually stopped and arrested by West Valley police.
Curtis Ellefsen, 18, and Ricardo Vega, 19, were each booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of felony criminal mischief. In addition, three 17-year olds and one 16-year-old were arrested and booked into juvenile detention.
Unified police detective Ken Hansen said four to five BB guns were also recovered.
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Judge orders girl to stand trial for...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Appeals judges question right to sue in...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 104
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 80
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 63
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 43
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24