6 arrested in large vandalism spree
Group allegedly hit more than 100 places across three cities
West Valley police
KEARNS — Two adults and four juveniles were arrested Saturday after police say they went on a destructive vandalism spree across three cities.
The group is believed to have shot out car or house windows of more than 100 residents over a 20-square mile area in Kearns, West Valley City and West Jordan, causing an estimated $40,000 to $50,000 in damage.
Police started receiving the first vandalism call about 10:30 p.m. Friday. The group was eventually stopped and arrested by West Valley police.
Curtis Ellefsen, 18, and Ricardo Vega, 19, were each booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of felony criminal mischief. In addition, three 17-year olds and one 16-year-old were arrested and booked into juvenile detention.
Unified police detective Ken Hansen said four to five BB guns were also recovered.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- Former Jazzman Thurl Bailey named ambassador...
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 24
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 22
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 17
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 17
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water... 11