6 arrested in large vandalism spree
Group allegedly hit more than 100 places across three cities
West Valley police
KEARNS — Two adults and four juveniles were arrested Saturday after police say they went on a destructive vandalism spree across three cities.
The group is believed to have shot out car or house windows of more than 100 residents over a 20-square mile area in Kearns, West Valley City and West Jordan, causing an estimated $40,000 to $50,000 in damage.
Police started receiving the first vandalism call about 10:30 p.m. Friday. The group was eventually stopped and arrested by West Valley police.
Curtis Ellefsen, 18, and Ricardo Vega, 19, were each booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of felony criminal mischief. In addition, three 17-year olds and one 16-year-old were arrested and booked into juvenile detention.
Unified police detective Ken Hansen said four to five BB guns were also recovered.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Mitt Romney talks pioneers, family tradition...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows 'deep...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 25
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 20
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 11
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9