6 arrested in large vandalism spree
Group allegedly hit more than 100 places across three cities
West Valley police
KEARNS — Two adults and four juveniles were arrested Saturday after police say they went on a destructive vandalism spree across three cities.
The group is believed to have shot out car or house windows of more than 100 residents over a 20-square mile area in Kearns, West Valley City and West Jordan, causing an estimated $40,000 to $50,000 in damage.
Police started receiving the first vandalism call about 10:30 p.m. Friday. The group was eventually stopped and arrested by West Valley police.
Curtis Ellefsen, 18, and Ricardo Vega, 19, were each booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of felony criminal mischief. In addition, three 17-year olds and one 16-year-old were arrested and booked into juvenile detention.
Unified police detective Ken Hansen said four to five BB guns were also recovered.
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- Friends, family remember sister missionary...
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's...
- 7 more of the most infamous criminals in Utah...
- UHP trooper hit during I-15 traffic stop
- 2 corrections officials resign in wake of...
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 19
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 17
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 10