6 arrested in large vandalism spree
Group allegedly hit more than 100 places across three cities
West Valley police
KEARNS — Two adults and four juveniles were arrested Saturday after police say they went on a destructive vandalism spree across three cities.
The group is believed to have shot out car or house windows of more than 100 residents over a 20-square mile area in Kearns, West Valley City and West Jordan, causing an estimated $40,000 to $50,000 in damage.
Police started receiving the first vandalism call about 10:30 p.m. Friday. The group was eventually stopped and arrested by West Valley police.
Curtis Ellefsen, 18, and Ricardo Vega, 19, were each booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of felony criminal mischief. In addition, three 17-year olds and one 16-year-old were arrested and booked into juvenile detention.
Unified police detective Ken Hansen said four to five BB guns were also recovered.
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- Woman critically injured in Bountiful...
- Photos: A Pioneer Day celebration of heritage...
- Man falls 70 feet to his death in Provo
- Man shot dead in Midvale; alleged shooter in...
- 4 arrested in connection with fatal Cedar...
- Midvale killing may be case of self-defense,...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 75
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17