USU golf: Aggie golfers continue 2013 spring season at Cal State Fullerton Hosted Folino Invitational
Utah State's men's golf team will continue its 2013 spring season on Sunday, Feb. 17, at the Cal State Fullerton hosted Folino Invitational. The three-day, 54-hole tournament will be held at the Dwight D. Eisenhower Course at the Industry Hills Golf Club in City of Industry, Calif. The course will play at par-72 over the 7,211-yard layout.
Joining Utah State in the nine-team field will be CSU-Bakersfield, Cal State Northridge, Long Beach State, Loyola Marymount, Oakland University, Sacramento State, UC Irvine and host Cal State Fullerton.
Scheduled to compete for the Aggies will be seniors Brendan Dennis and Kris Sayer, junior Tanner Higham, and freshmen Seokwon Jeon and Reed Platke.
During its first tournament of the spring season, Utah State finished tied for sixth in the 14-team Southern Utah hosted Pat Hicks Thunderbird Invitational. Higham led USU with a 2-under 142 (70-72) to tie for first overall, which is USU’s best individual finish since the 1996-97 season. Jeon also recorded his best collegiate finish as he tied for 12th with a 5-over 147 (71-76), while Dennis recorded his best collegiate finish as he tied for 29th competing as an individual with a 7-over 151 (74-77).
Higham leads Utah State with a stroke average of 73.18 in 17 rounds this year, while Jeon has a stroke average of 74.10 in 17 rounds as well. Platke has a stroke average of 74.88 in 17 rounds, Dennis has a stroke average of 76.64 in 14 rounds, and Sayer has a stroke average of 76.79 in 14 rounds.
Live scoring will be available at GolfStat.com and daily results will be posted on Utah State’s athletics website at UtahStateAggies.com.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20