USU golf: Aggie golfers continue 2013 spring season at Cal State Fullerton Hosted Folino Invitational
Utah State's men's golf team will continue its 2013 spring season on Sunday, Feb. 17, at the Cal State Fullerton hosted Folino Invitational. The three-day, 54-hole tournament will be held at the Dwight D. Eisenhower Course at the Industry Hills Golf Club in City of Industry, Calif. The course will play at par-72 over the 7,211-yard layout.
Joining Utah State in the nine-team field will be CSU-Bakersfield, Cal State Northridge, Long Beach State, Loyola Marymount, Oakland University, Sacramento State, UC Irvine and host Cal State Fullerton.
Scheduled to compete for the Aggies will be seniors Brendan Dennis and Kris Sayer, junior Tanner Higham, and freshmen Seokwon Jeon and Reed Platke.
During its first tournament of the spring season, Utah State finished tied for sixth in the 14-team Southern Utah hosted Pat Hicks Thunderbird Invitational. Higham led USU with a 2-under 142 (70-72) to tie for first overall, which is USU’s best individual finish since the 1996-97 season. Jeon also recorded his best collegiate finish as he tied for 12th with a 5-over 147 (71-76), while Dennis recorded his best collegiate finish as he tied for 29th competing as an individual with a 7-over 151 (74-77).
Higham leads Utah State with a stroke average of 73.18 in 17 rounds this year, while Jeon has a stroke average of 74.10 in 17 rounds as well. Platke has a stroke average of 74.88 in 17 rounds, Dennis has a stroke average of 76.64 in 14 rounds, and Sayer has a stroke average of 76.79 in 14 rounds.
Live scoring will be available at GolfStat.com and daily results will be posted on Utah State’s athletics website at UtahStateAggies.com.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45