High school girls basketball: 5A state tournament capsules
, Courtesy Jon Clifford, All Star Photos
Undfeated Bingham is the clear favorite heading into the 5A girls basketball state tournament, but everyone knows anything can happen. Syracuse was the overwhelming favorite the past two years, losing in 2011 and then winning in 2012.
There are a handful of teams capable of putting a deep playoff run together, including Bingham’s own region foes American Fork and Riverton. Even though Bingham beat both teams twice during region play, all the games were relatively close.
Region 1 champion Davis, Region 2 champion Viewmont and Region 3 co-champions Alta and Brighton hope to be a factor as well.
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- College football predictions: How will... 140
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 48
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42