High school girls basketball: 5A state tournament capsules
, Courtesy Jon Clifford, All Star Photos
Undfeated Bingham is the clear favorite heading into the 5A girls basketball state tournament, but everyone knows anything can happen. Syracuse was the overwhelming favorite the past two years, losing in 2011 and then winning in 2012.
There are a handful of teams capable of putting a deep playoff run together, including Bingham’s own region foes American Fork and Riverton. Even though Bingham beat both teams twice during region play, all the games were relatively close.
Region 1 champion Davis, Region 2 champion Viewmont and Region 3 co-champions Alta and Brighton hope to be a factor as well.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33