High school girls basketball: 5A state tournament capsules
, Courtesy Jon Clifford, All Star Photos
Undfeated Bingham is the clear favorite heading into the 5A girls basketball state tournament, but everyone knows anything can happen. Syracuse was the overwhelming favorite the past two years, losing in 2011 and then winning in 2012.
There are a handful of teams capable of putting a deep playoff run together, including Bingham’s own region foes American Fork and Riverton. Even though Bingham beat both teams twice during region play, all the games were relatively close.
Region 1 champion Davis, Region 2 champion Viewmont and Region 3 co-champions Alta and Brighton hope to be a factor as well.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20