High school girls basketball: 5A state tournament capsules
, Courtesy Jon Clifford, All Star Photos
Undfeated Bingham is the clear favorite heading into the 5A girls basketball state tournament, but everyone knows anything can happen. Syracuse was the overwhelming favorite the past two years, losing in 2011 and then winning in 2012.
There are a handful of teams capable of putting a deep playoff run together, including Bingham’s own region foes American Fork and Riverton. Even though Bingham beat both teams twice during region play, all the games were relatively close.
Region 1 champion Davis, Region 2 champion Viewmont and Region 3 co-champions Alta and Brighton hope to be a factor as well.
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 63
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28